Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Do I Smell the Start of a Win Streak?!

Unfortunately there's no Zombie post tonight which sucks because now all my writing errors can't be blamed on that. I just suck when it comes to proper punctuation which I'm sure you have already figured out and which is why my friend would proofread my papers before I turned them in. Good thing I'm not an English major...

So in the first inning Alonso felt the need to throw himself over the wall and fall awkwardly, yet another reason the Padres need some gymnastics training... you kind of learn how to fall in there and often. Also in the first, Bartlett couldn't get the ball out of his glove to make a play and I wondered how much longer it's going to take before our defense can stop making errors. Didn't you guys work on this during Spring Training?? Seriously, I missed the practices when I was out there so I don't know. Okay with Gamel hitting the wall it has become clear that all baseball players need gymnastics training. We hyperextend things all the time, you're fine.

Volquez had another quality start but he has yet to win me over. As it stands now, I will acknowledge the fact that he is a good pitcher but I won't go as far as to say I like him. I want to know why in the seventh when Alonso went to slide into second he slid in the grass. You have all that space and you manage to slide in the grass?! I'm confused. Cam had a stutter step going on when he stole second in the seventh and I was slightly convinced he was going to hurt himself doing that. I mean he is on the Padres and you know how we are with freak injuries... just think Milton Bradley's knee, Chris Young's line drive to the face, Dustin Moseley's let me bat and dislocate my shoulder, Mat Latos and the "hurt himself sneezing" thing or Michael Barrett's whole fouling a ball into his face thing. Granted the Latos one was a bullshit excuse to rest him so we could utilize him later in the season but still a bizarre "injury" nonetheless.

Kotsay is pretty damn clutch if I do say so myself. There was no doubt in my mind when the ball came off his bat that that ball was out of here. It's pretty fabulous to see that there are Padres who are capable of hitting HR's in Petco and that it's not just every other team that can do so. Kotsay's HR meant that Street got a rare save opportunity and also means that I have to worry about his balls again. Seriously, can someone tell him that there is no need for his pants to be that tight?? Despite the tightness of his pants he made a nice defensive play which if it's not on SportsCenters Top Ten plays, I will be pissed. I do love seeing pitchers after their delivery end in a defensive position and of course I love it when they can field their position like Street did tonight. Street got the save and we got the win but I am thoroughly saddened that I didn't get to use some more colorful words to call Braun tonight. However, I am not sad that we kept him quiet. Maybe my choice words will be used tomorrow... Padres win 2-0 and it smells like the start of another win streak, hopefully one that will last longer than two games.

Record: 8-17

No comments:

Post a Comment