Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NL's Worst Beats NL's Best

Today marks the first Wednesday day game that I was able actually catch the whole game without having to use the DVR. It was fantastical except for the part where it was still in the 80's and I wanted to tan instead. MLB.tv really needs to let me get the Padres game so I can take my laptop out and multitask. That or we need to set up a projector so I can play the Padres game on the side of the garage while I lounge in the pool. Either works, preferably the latter. Now onto my thoughts as the game was going on.... oh yeah, I apologize for the lack of cohesiveness. I basically just took a bunch of random sentences and threw them together, sorry about it.

Damn you Dodgers, the game hasn't even been on for five minutes and you are already beating us?! Come on Clayton, step your shit up. Chase crushed the ball to cut the Dodgers lead in half, way to go Chase!! Damnit Clayton, what happened to your ability to throw to first?! It's not THAT complicated. Well the only benefit of him not making that throw to first, they still got TGJ out on the pick-off move. At least that still works for Clayton. Chase hits a two run double in the sixth to give the Padres the 3-2 lead. With the way this game is going, it's looking like that might just be the game. Despite the difficulty Clayton faced in the beginning of the game, he pitched a pretty decent game. With the bases loaded in the seventh the Dodgers walked Cam to extend our lead. Obviously the Dodgers don't know that we can't exactly hit especially when the bases are loaded. Pretty sure our chances of hitting into a double play to end the inning were higher than our chances of doubling in runners to keep the inning going. Darnell made a nice catch in the ninth that could have possibly cost us the game if he didn't make it. Granted it would have most likely put the Dodgers in a first and third situation with one out but it's us and we kind of suck at life so any bit of bad luck would snowball and we would blow the game. However, the Padres didn't implode and won 4-2 and have another two game win streak going on. Fingers crossed we can finally get that elusive third straight win tomorrow.

Record: 14-24

Also, Cory is debating whether or not he should have surgery for a partial tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. I personally believe that he should have the surgery to be safe. As much as I will hate to have him miss the rest of the season and most likely part of the next, I would hate it even more if he came off the DL and got hurt again, possibly tearing the ligament even more than it already is. Either way Cory is going to be out much longer than I would like. So Cory, get the surgery before you inadvertently make it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment