Thursday, May 24, 2012

Padres vs Mets: An Epic Rain Battle... Or Not

New York clearly didn't get the memo that the Padres don't do rain. I'd say pouring rain but pouring rain here is waaaaaay different than pouring rain in NY. The Mets unfortunately got on the board first during the second inning and epic rain battle which turned into a forever long rain delay. After an eternity, and by eternity I mean an hour and eight minute rain delay, the Padres did work. Venable doubled in Everth to tie the game in the top of the third. Cam sends it up the middle and off second base to allow Will to come around to score giving the Padres a 2-1 lead. Rain delay, you might just be our new best friend. Alonso is a doubles machine despite my disdain for him. I am glad that he is actually stepping up and has been lately but he's never going to be my favorite and I have come to terms with that as should everyone. Guzman brought in Cam and Alonso on a double and Alonso lucked out, he barely missed that tag. Knowing how slow he is and seeing how close that was, I wouldn't have sent him but we did and now we are winning 4-1 with two outs remaining in the third. Okay, that rain delay is our new best friend because Stults sent them down in order in the fourth and we came back swinging and stealing, with two outs at that. Will once again doubled in Everth and the Padres lead 5-1 in the top of the fourth. Yeah, okay I was wrong, the Padres clearly do rain and NY did get the right memo.

During the top of the fifth Chase assumed he was going to be out and slowed down until he realized that he had a chance to be safe and he stepped up again. This is why you need to run all out no matter what. You never know how the fielder is going to play the ball or if the ball is going to do something weird. Run your little hearts out boys, please. After Chase lucked out at first he took his chances by stealing second and his luck run out as he got thrown out. Palmer came in to pitch the sixth and gave up a two run HR to that douche lord Wright, cutting the Padres lead in half. Chase singled in Cam in the seventh to get back one of those runs the douche lord took away from us when he hit that two run HR. My boy Parrino knocked in Guzman and Chase on a two out single giving us a 9-3 lead. Everth followed with a single and I'm convinced he somehow heard that I didn't like him and is now trying to win me over. It's not working... yet. Alonso doubled for the millionth time to bring Cam around to make it 10-3 in the eighth. Ike Davis is a fucktard and singled in two runs for the Mets in the bottom of the eighth cutting the lead in half again and I'm ready to turn this game off and turn on Swamp Wars. Nick hits a solo HR and I'm hoping this breaks him out of that slump he's been in. Padres win 11-5. Please tell me this is the start of a win streak... preferably one that lasts more than two games.

Record: 17-29

No comments:

Post a Comment