Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hi, My Name is Ashley and I'm a Masochist

So I woke up super late and started the game as I was eating lunch. One out into the bottom of the first and I was already over the game, then Scott Hairston hit a three run HR. I kind of miss Shrek. He always seemed like a really nice guy and he did have a flare for the dramatics when he was with us and this HR made me want him back... again. If you don't get why I called him Shrek go back and look at his photo in the Padres Blue Prints, he looks like Shrek and Matt Stairs looks like Captain Barbossa. Go look, you're welcome. Two batters later the Mets hit another HR and I really was over this game but like the masochist I am, I stuck it out. In the top of the sixth Tekotte pinch hit for Cam and I'm not sure I'm okay with that. Cam is one of the only players on the team that I legitimately like so I really hope this sprained wrist isn't going to keep him out for too long. Fun fact: strains are what happens to muscles/ tendons and sprains are what happens to ligaments. Okay so maybe I'm the only one that cares about that. This fucker, Davis doubled in a run in the bottom of the eighth to extend the Mets lead to five. I love that Andy Masur announced in the bottom of the eighth that the Mets won already. Please tell me he was talking about the old clip they showed before that I wasn't paying attention to and that he didn't just give up all hope on the team before that grand slam was hit. Yeah, I'm conveniently ignoring that fact. Padres lose 9-0 and I could have done without watching this game.

Record: 17-31

No comments:

Post a Comment