Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Is Your Team Slumping?? Just Send In the Padres

We know going into yesterday's game the Cubs were in the midst of a 12 game losing streak, one of which we broke for them. Obviously if you're in the middle of a ridiculously long streak like that, you need to play us and we will get you back on track. If only there was a team to do that for us.

I was beginning to think there wasn't going to be anything for me to write about, then Quentin hit his first home run of the season to give the Padres the 1-0 lead in the fifth. Yeah, it took that long before anyone scored. See why I didn't think I was going to have anything to write about?? Apparently the Cubs have this 'anything you can do I can do better' attitude going on because in their half of the fifth they decided it was time to score too and not only did they score but they took the lead, fucktards. Stults pulled an Alonso in the sixth with the whole I'm just gonna run and assume the ball isn't going to be caught then get doubled up thing to end the inning. Have I mentioned how much I hate Soriano?? That hatred grows tremendously every time he hits a home run against us like he did in the bottom of the sixth to put them up 3-1. Baker singled in Quentin to make this game last longer than I'm wanting it to. Stults got pulled during an at bat in the seventh and Brach went on to finish the at bat while Baker let Stults base runner come around to score on a passed ball. I feel like this inning was an odd one and that wasn't even putting into consideration the balk on Stults. Will tripled in my boy Parrino in the eighth but of course he gets the damn triple when he doesn't need it for a possible cycle. Can we credit the triple to Quentin so that he can get the cycle?? No?? Damn. Cubs scored another run in the bottom of the eighth and would go on to win 5-3.

Record: 17-34

No comments:

Post a Comment