Sunday, May 20, 2012

And God's Favorite Is...

The Padres and of course He made this game go into extras because He wanted more time to decide who He was going to pick as His favorite...

Once again the Angels score first which could have been avoided if Tekotte would have been able to keep the ball in his glove after that most fantastical catch attempt, stupid force. In the bottom of the first the Padres were working a bases loaded one out situation until Nick got called out on what was most clearly a check swing in which the homeplate ump didn't even bother to check with the 1B ump. (Enter stupid fish reference here) because Trout just beat Bass with a HR in the top of the fifth to put the Angels up 2-0. Alonso tied the game on a two run double, that of course I didn't see until after it bounced off the base of the wall. Will came around limping after being hit twice in the ankle area. That is one of the worst places ever to be hit. I can't even imagine how it feels having the ball bounce off your ankle due to a pitch. I have had a softball bounce off my ankle on a ground ball which didn't hurt nearly as bad as when I've slammed both my ankles together during gymnastics. Moral of the story, things bouncing off your ankles is unnecessarily painful.

Naturally this game would go into extras because I have a final I should be studying for instead. Surprisingly enough in the tenth the Angels loaded the bases with one out and no one came around to score. I would have had a heart attack if I didn't feel like I was going to melt from how hot this room gets. During the eleventh Baker doubled into left and the Angels left fielder threw himself into the wall and was down for a pretty decent amount of time. On first look I assumed it was because of the impact he took on his head but on the replay it was apparent the brunt of the force was on his shoulder. The Angels put five men in the infield, leaving left wide open and all Cam has to do is drop it into left and the Padres would win but he struck out instead. Mikolas had a 1-2-3 inning in the twelfth and I'm still waiting for this to end so I can study. Thirteen innings into the game and the Angels used pitchers as pinch hitters, this is ridiculous. Aaaaaand you know the game has gone on too long when both teams are calling on the pitchers to bat. Luckily it paid off for the Padres as Clayton singles with two outs in the bottom of the thirteenth. Will singles in Clayton for the win!! Padres win 3-2 in 13th.

Record: 16-26

Side note: It's official Cory is going to have Tommy John surgery... it's about damn time. I'm more pissed that he took this long to decide to have it done than I am that he will be out for the season and part of next. If he still hadn't made a decision and I saw him at a game you can bet your ass I would have told him to get the surgery. Of course he would listen to me because I'm to cute and tiny to ignore, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment