Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Suck It Brewers

Being a born and raised San Diego sports fan I think it's only reasonable that I start off this post by saying that today we lost one of the cities most iconic athletes, Junior Seau. I can't really say much about this given the fact that I was 3 when he got drafted and didn't really watch football while he played with us but his death is without a doubt a tragedy for the city. With all the reactions to his death, that I have seen or read, I don't even want to imagine what it will be like when Tony Gwynn dies. By the way I have decided that he's not allowed to die, ever. I love that during the game they incorporated mini tributes to Seau. So without dragging this on, RIP Junior.


Okay, now lets get to my ridiculous perspective of the Padres. Cory is on the 15 day DL and I about threw a fit when I found out. Dear training staff, I will be more than happy to take care of him if you want. It would be great practice as I plan on one day taking your job anyway. Though my version of caring for him probably wouldn't be as beneficial for his elbow but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Plus he'd be getting some cardio in and we all know how important cardio is.

Jeff Suppan got the start in place of Cory so obviously I'm not going to like him because he's replacing Cory, temporarily, and he's wearing Latos' number. You're probably thinking "dude get over it already, Latos is gone." and this is where I tell you, that I look at the 3 on Parrino's back and still think of Khalil and I didn't even really like him so you can suck it. Obviously I associate the first person I see with that number and will always think of them. I do the same thing when I see the 44 on Spence's back, to me it's still belongs to Jake Peavy.

Kotsay = clutch. Dude knocks in Venable with a double and made it to third on the throw home. You're an old man, you shouldn't be this good for us, it just doesn't happen in this organization. Clearly he didn't get the memo that the old guys on the team aren't actually supposed to be useful. I for one am glad he didn't get it. Not only was he useful already in the third inning but he got a nice looking battle wound from his slide into third, I approve. The Padres managed to have the bases loaded with two outs in the bottom of the third and scored two runs off Cam's single. According to my theory, we should win this game. The Padres loaded the bases again in the third but this time produced no runs, but it's okay because they led 3-0 at that point in the game. We made a nice double play to get out of a bases loaded jam in the fourth and I think Enberg might have shit his pants. I don't think I have ever heard him get that excited over something the Padres have done. Parrino is a G and threw himself into the stands and got up like nothing happened during the fifth and the Padres have been playing the best defense they have all season. I'm thinking this is their way of honoring Seau. Guzman having come off the bench contributed with a two run double to give the Padres a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the eighth. Padres hold on to win 5-0 to not only prove my theory correct but get a win streak going and their first series win of the season. Suck it Milwaukee.

Record: 9-17

No comments:

Post a Comment