Sunday, May 13, 2012

All Pink Everything

Happy Mothers Day to all, though I don't believe any mothers would be reading this after the first few posts I've written but whatevs. Every mothers day I want one of those bats and everything else they have that is pink. At this point I don't even care what team it's from as long as I get something pink!! Actually, I wouldn't take it if it was LA, SF, Boston or NY so maybe I do care what team it's from.

Jimmy Rollins started the game off with a HR to give the Phillies the early 1-0 lead in the first. Darnell made a very pretty play in the bottom of the first to make the final out at first and if I paid any attention in my physics classes I may have gushed over the angle of the throw and all that nerdy shit. An error made by Darnell in the second came around to haunt the Padres, extending the Phillies lead to two. During the top of the third Deno and Alonso did something I love to see, a double steal. I'm incredibly surprised that Alonso was capable of doing that but he did so high five. Guzman grounded out but that allowed Deno to come in from third to cut the Phillies lead in half.

Juan Pierre makes me hate him every time we play against him. I don't think he is even that good a player but he always manages to do something to annoy me, besides wearing his hat under his helmet. What's the deal with that?! Pierre doubled in another run for the Phillies in the bottom of the fifth and I have grown increasingly bored with this game. Where's my iPod when I need it?! After Bartlett fucked up what should have been an infield fly rule turned double play in the seventh, I realized my dislike for him has turned into pity. I seriously just feel bad for him now. Is it just me or does he look like he has lost his love for the game?? It's sad seeing athletes struggle to the point where it looks like the passion has escaped them.

The Padres score one in the eighth on another ground out making it 3-2 Phillies. I'm liking the whole not laying down and dying thing but can we try scoring runs without making an out at the same time?? Thanks. The Padres managed to get out of a bases loaded jam in eighth which is very surprising. Unfortunately the Padres went on to lose 3-2 and we lost yet another series. I will be ok if we don't get three wins in a row as long as we can  get some back to back series wins. That, my Padres, is your next goal.

Record: 12-23

No comments:

Post a Comment