Friday, May 25, 2012

Padres Lose so It's Back to Having an Irrational Crush On a Fictional Character For Me

Well the Padres scored first with one out on a sac fly to left only to be doubled up because Alonso is a slow fuck and can't judge whether or not a fly ball will be caught. Seriously doesn't he know that he's only supposed to go halfway and not round second before he knows whether or not the ball is going to be caught?! I can only imagine how the rest of the inning would have gone if he didn't fuck that up for the second time this season. The Padres lead didn't last long as Bass gave up a solo HR to Duda. The ex-Padres are striking back today as Baxter drove in a run to give the Mets a 2-1 lead in the third. Baxter came around to score on an RBI single making it 3-1 Mets and causing me to hope for another rain delay like yesterday.

By the fifth inning the Mets were up 6-1 and I was ready to turn the game off and watch Saved by the Bell. Okay, I was ready to turn the game off before they scored those three runs in the fifth. By the eighth inning I had made and finished some hot chocolate hoping that it would wake me up enough to want to watch the rest of the game... it didn't work. I ended up pulling out a blanket and a pillow for the rest of the game. Between those innings the Padres had some base runners but in true Padres fashion, they did nothing with them. At one point, Hinshaw looked to have rolled his ankle and after a few minutes and a look by the assistant trainer he continued to pitch and get out of the inning. To me, that was a waste of time and was obvious that he didn't roll it bad enough to need to pause the game but that's only because I've intentionally and unintentionally done that to my ankle numerous times and knew he was fine. The Padres may have been losing but at least they put in Hinshaw and Mikolas for me to stare at at the end of the game. We clearly used all our hits and runs yesterday because we went on to lose 6-1... At least now I can go back to watching Saved by the Bell and having an irrational crush on a fictional character.

Record: 17-30

No comments:

Post a Comment