Saturday, May 12, 2012

Two Games Are Better Than One... Unless You're Me

Dear schedule makers, can you not schedule the Padres and the Reds at the same time?? You know maybe make sure if the Padres are on East Coast time that the Reds are on West Coast time. My attention span would much appreciate it. Also, my fandom for the Padres wouldn't suffer if I didn't have the option to watch a better team play at the same time as my Padres. You really can't expect me to willingly watch players like Bartlett and Hudson over guys like Cozart and Phillips.


The Phillies took the early 1-0 lead in the second. Bartlett crashes into Darnell and makes me seriously wonder if these guys don't know how to call for the ball or if they are just deaf. Venable doubled in Bartlett to tie the game in the third and I have no idea how Bartlett got on base to begin with. Cam made a nice slide at home to give the Padres a 2-1 lead in the seventh but I couldn't tell you how he got on or anything because I was too busy wishing we had Brandon Phillips after seeing him make a nice play with ease. I would swear he makes that play every day, that's how easy he made it look, it's really not fair. I would trade the majority of our team to have someone to make plays like that. It might be difficult to win games with only a player or two but we can't even do that with a full team. Luke pitched himself in and out of trouble in the seventh, thank God he got out of that. I like him too much to have to yell at him for screwing up the game for us. Now Cashner on the other hand, I'm more than willing to yell at. Dear Cashner, there is no point in throwing 100+ if you can't command your pitches. You're not impressing anyone with 100+ mph walks, in fact you're pissing us off with them. Stop it. Fortunately he didn't fuck the game up for us tonight like he has done in the past. Bartlett continued to crash into players convincing me that he doesn't know how to call for the ball. Don't you learn that in little league?? Thayer recorded his third save and continues to traumatize me with that mustache. Padres win 2-1 and Halladay once again has nothing on the Padres. I thought he was supposed to be good but clearly he's a terrible pitcher because we have beat him twice and Lord knows we aren't anywhere near good.

Record: 12-22

No comments:

Post a Comment