Friday, May 18, 2012

25 - 13 = A Whole New Look

Dear Padres,
Condition your players better. I understand that some are freak accidents like Darnell's separated shoulder but thirteen players on the DL is a little much.
Sincerely,
Padres fans everywhere

Now I have never played baseball so I don't know their strengthening routines or anything like that but I do know that I never hurt myself beyond bruises here and there or rips on rips, a perfectly executed purple and swollen jammed toe and maybe a mild ankle sprain, one so mild it didn't even swell, throughout my years of doing one of the most physically demanding sports there is. Mind you I was a kid and mixing kids and gymnastics is just asking for injuries. Also, I didn't have access to the type of staff the Padres have which makes my lack of injuries that more impressive and also makes me feel like I have every right to tell the Padres what they should be doing considering I flung my body through the air and twisted and contorted it in ways a body should probably not be able to do.

Anyway, tonight we started the first of too many interleague games for my liking. I hate interleague play and feel like it takes away from the World Series. I also hate that they don't put all the interleague games together. I find it incredibly stupid that we have four against the Angels this weekend then don't face any other AL teams until the middle of June. Stop dragging this shit out. At least it looks like we will find out this series who God favors more, angels or friars...


The Angels had a first and third situation and scored on a double play in the top of the second to give them the early lead. I'm really tired of saying the visiting team does something to get the early lead. Can we either get the early lead or at least not let the visitors score for a handful of innings first?? Trout knocks in Weaver with an RBI triple in the top of the fifth to give the Angels a 2-0 lead. It only took five innings before Enberg/Grant made a stupid fish comment in regards to Bass pitching on Sunday and Trout being an everyday started for the Angels. Just for that stupid comment I hope they don't put Trout in the lineup because I don't want to hear anymore fish comments. I also would appreciate if it they would stop using Pujols to sell tickets. He sucks and no Padres fan wants to go to the game to see him or should want to go see him. As I began to fall asleep with my eyes open again the Angels took a 3-0 lead. The Angels got the pleasure of having the bases loaded with only one out, still in the fifth inning. The Padres should have made a double play to end the inning but Everth couldn't get the ball out of his glove so Pujols came around to score and now we are down 4-0, fabulous. Venable hit a homer to start the bottom of the sixth and finally put the Padres on the board. Of course because we faced Weaver tonight, Enberg had to bring up the fact that the Padres could have had him. It's really not necessary to remind us that we picked Matt Bush over Weaver or Verlander or Stephen Drew. Alexi got his first RBI in the seventh and cut the Angels lead in half. The lead-off walk for the Angels came around to score in the top of the ninth making it a 5-2 ballgame which then turned into a 7-2 ballgame that went on to be the final score of the game because naturally Frieri came in for the Angels and didn't pitch like shit. Padres lose 7-2 and right now it's looking like the Angels are going to be God's  favorites.



Record: 14-26


No comments:

Post a Comment