Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Full Moon = Crazy Shit

Sorry for the late post but I was exhausted when I got home last night. I wasn't prepared for extra innings. Luckily I thought enough to take notes on my phone last night so lets see how well I can write a post off that. Before I get into the post check out http://pmlbsports.com/ and their PadCast. They are pretty awesome and highlight my craziness when it comes to my tweets... pickles and ice cream.

First things first, Cory has to get Tommy John surgery which makes me a sad panda. Scratch that, a devastated panda. The only thing that makes me somewhat okay with him being done for the season and most likely part of next season is that extension he signed. Thank you for that Padres but who am I supposed to creep on now?!

Bass gave up 5 runs in the first last night and made me and probably everyone else think that the game was done right then and there. Bartlett had missed a play in the second that I firmly believe Parrino would have easily made and of course I announced that. I was surrounded by giant douche bags who clearly took advantage of the $5 margaritas last night which definitely didn't help me be okay with the whole being down 5-0 early thing. While we were still down by 5 I decided that Mark Kotsay is my new best friend. Obviously that's what I think about when I'm sitting that close to a player and we are losing by that much. I apparently have a thing for wanting to make the older left fielders my best friends while I'm in left, first it was Ludwick and now Kotsay. Maybe it's just the fact that the older guys are more humble because they have been around or maybe they are just seemingly chill guys to begin with, either way I want to be their friends. I did appreciate that they played Brass Monkey during the game last night to what I assume was to honor the passing of MCA but it did make me miss Ludwick. It just doesn't feel right hearing that particular song at the stadium with out Ludwick walking up to the plate.

In the bottom of the third Dobbs didn't get the bounce he wanted and Chase doubled in Venable... no shut out for us!! Meanwhile our section began chanting "Dobbs you suck" and continued to do so when Nick doubled in Chase. Hudson had an RBI single to score Nick and the Padres were down by 2 now. Hudson stole second with two outs and I immediately thought "thank God he didn't fuck that up". Bartlett was up next and I told him "don't fuck up", he walked and the guys next to me said that Bartlett must have heard me, clearly. At that point the bases were loaded with Bass up to bat and I thought for sure the inning was going to be over but Bass surprised me when he hit a bases loaded triple that I would have sworn was going to be an inside the park HR. Bass' triple gave the Padres a 6-5 lead and I decided that it was because of the full moon. It had to be, pitchers don't get hits much less triples.

The Marlins ended up tying the game on a balk which is a bullshit way to tie a game but, it's a full moon so crazy shit is going to happen. Kotsay knocked in Bass in the fifth putting us up by 1 and making me happy again. Then the fuckers tied it in the seventh and went on to take the lead 8-7 because Hudson failed at life. At this point we are losing but the Marlins put Petersen in to play left and I was able to get my creep on so I was bound to count the game a win no matter the final outcome. Heath came in to pitch the ninth and was greeted with boos, at least in my section. Upon Heath entering the game I thought "we have a chance!!" and we did. Heath once again blew the save and we had a tied game again. His umpteenth blown save made me very happy that we didn't have him anymore. The score would remain 8-8 until the twelfth where the Marlins would take the lead and we would lose 9-8.

Not only did we lose 9-8 but Street strained his shoulder and after Cory straining his elbow and learning that he will need surgery, I'm assuming the worst for Huston. I am also afraid that we used all our runs for the weekend last night and that tonight's game is going to be ridiculously boring. Also that off-day fucked us once again if you didn't realize it. Can we start a win streak a few days before an off-day?? Please?? 

Record: 9-18

No comments:

Post a Comment