Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm a Zombie and You're Getting a 2fer

As the title states, you're getting a 2fer today. Honestly, I'm exhausted as fuck and don't remember much of what happened during the game yesterday. I did take notes on the game last night but there wasn't much so fuck it, you get to read about everything except the actual game. Also not that "exhausted as fuck" = a different type of zombie mode.

We got upgraded to the Western Metal Suites and looking through the chain link fence was making me go cross eyed. Seriously, I had to close one eye to actually be able to focus. Other than the fence fucking with my head the suite was awesome. We were so close to the players during what was left of BP that I felt like I could touch them. They let us onto the warning track before the game started and I realized that the left field wall isn't as big as I thought it was. Of course we felt the need to see how high we could jump and reach over... without a running start since we were roped off from the rest of the field. I was able to jump and get a hand over, all 5'4" of me with no running start and in sandals at that. This now means that there is no excuse for whoever we put in left to not be able to reach and take a HR away. I'm serious. I will only allow them to screw that up if they got a bad read on the ball or mistimed their jump, ya know some bullshit like that. Also during the point when we were on the field and talking to the security guard Nick and Clayton came out and were running and playing long toss. Again, we were close enough where I probably could have actually touched them but I feel like that would have been frowned upon and I had no desire to touch them... okay, maybe Clayton, he's just so muscly!! The security guard was trying to get me to talk to Clayton but I felt no need to do so and also didn't have an idea of what I would say to him. I was told I should tell Clayton to have a good start tonight and that 33 is my favorite number. Clearly the security guy was being funny and thought that maybe it would get a laugh out of Clayton if I said that. The security guy was cool. I like him. What I don't like is initiating conversation with strangers. I am loud and obnoxious as it is but I refuse to talk to strangers unless they speak to me first. Besides, I believe in the whole not bothering the starter before the game thing. I don't know their pregame routine and I don't want to fuck with it. If they want to talk, then fine, I'll talk but I'm not going out of my way to mess with routines. After the game we ended up meeting some friends at Bubs and everyone seemed to feel the need to get me to drink... I was not having it from going cross eyed so drinking was the last thing I wanted to do. Pretty sure we spent more time at Bubs than I ever needed. Don't get me wrong it was fun but pretty sure I was there for like 3 hours or something before we moved on to some other place. Basically I didn't get home until 2 and I had been downtown since about 3. In the past two days I have spent waaaaaaaay too much time downtown and now need a mini vacation from it. Side note, Heath has turned into a giant asswipe, this kid was asking for his autograph for like 5 minutes at least and Heath completely ignored him. The kid could not have been any more polite, calling him Mr. Bell and being extremely patient... what kid does that?!

Record: 9-19

Now onto today's whatever. First thing I want to say is congrats, Mat Latos for setting a career high 11 strikeouts this morning. Of course I'm totally bummed still that he's not with us but I can't do anything about that so I will continue to mope around about it until further notice.

Wieland did some work for himself today with a two run double in the 5th the give the Padres the 2-0 lead. What's with the Marlins intentionally walking Parrino to get to the pitcher's spot and then our pitchers killing it?! That my friends, is the ultimate fuck you. Sometime while I was uploading pictures from last night the Marlins tied the game... awesome. Cashner reached 102 multiple times tonight and this is quite ridiculous. He also walked in a run on a 101mph pitch... "I've never wanted to punch someone so bad in my life" and Baker with a passed ball to bring in another run to make it 4-2 Marlins. Apparently the Marlins scored 4 runs all charged to Cashner... I got distracted with some texts so luckily I didn't get to witness the shitshow that was Cashner today. The ball got away from Webb and Deno came in to score from third, Padres trail 6-3. Padres got swept by the Marlins and now I can go back to bed.

Record: 9-20

No comments:

Post a Comment