Friday, May 11, 2012

I May Be Bad but I'm Perfectly Good At It


For what seems to be the millionth time this season, I had no interest in watching this afternoons game. I really just wanted to chill in my room and listen to Britney Spears instead. I managed to drag myself out of my bed and into the family room to turn the game on, bringing of course my iPod and laptop so I could get my Britney fix in and put the Reds Nats game on in case the Padres game really became unwatchable. Plus I still haven't witnessed Bryce Harper and I didn't want to wait for our next series to see him. Unfortunately for me the Reds Nats game was even more unwatchable than the Padres game was.

Have I mentioned how much our new uniforms bother me?? I thought they would grow on me as the season progressed but the pipping was a hit and miss. I think I have only seen two teams pull off the look, the Indians and the Reds. The Indians uniform looks the best with the pipping, I think it's because it works well with the font. The Reds uniforms are simple with the team logo and the players number. Our blue ones are similar which I don't mind but they just don't look right for some reason. If we had the right font, our uniforms would look decent with the pipping but we don't and I feel like they are a hot mess.

During the second inning Clayton gave up a two run HR to Mayberry to give the Phillies a 2-0 lead and I decided that was the end of the game. Fortunately Alonso has something against me and got a single in the fourth to score Venable and cut the lead in half. Also in the fourth Guzman singled in Chase and the Phillies throw to home was pitiful just like their attempt to get Nick out at first. The Padres tied the game and loaded the bases for Parrino, clearly the Phillies missed Howard on that play. Parrino unfortunately got out and the Padres once again left the bases loaded. Clayton gave up a second two run HR during the fifth. What happened to the Clayton that I used to love watching pitch?? I miss him. Can he please come back and bring the good Padres back with him?? Alonso hit his first HR during the sixth and guess what, I was actually looking. I didn't realize it was him that was up to bat but still I saw it, that counts right?? A lead off walk in the sixth came around to score giving the Phillies a 5-3 lead and caused Black to pull Clayton. By the seventh inning I was seriously considering switching to the Clippers game. If you don't know anything about me besides what you get off  this blog, know this, I don't like basketball and often need to have consumed vodka laced Jambe Juice to sit through a game. So me considering putting basketball on speaks volumes to how much I didn't care for this game. The fact that the Phillies added 2 more during the seventh didn't help raise my level of caring and if there wasn't two things recording on the DVR I would have turned the Clippers game on. The Padres lose 7-3 and like the title says, I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it. Pretty sure that needs to be the Padres theme song this season...

Record: 11-22

No comments:

Post a Comment