Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Look Inside My Life When the Padres Have an Off-Day

I originally wasn't planning on making a post since the Padres had an off-day today but I decided to give you some insight on what I do (during the semester) when there's an off-day. Ya know, besides bitch that there's no Padres game to watch.

As I imagine some of the Padres did, I slept in, nothing new or unusual on my part but a fabulous thing to do nonetheless. After waking up around noon I decided to catch up on some of the stuff that I had on the DVR. Naturally I had episodes of Baseball Tonight to watch and figured it would be what I needed to take care of my baseball fix. After a couple episodes of Baseball Tonight I realized it wasn't enough to satisfy my craving for baseball and that I needed an actual game to watch. I thought, well I guess I'll watch some of the Reds game before class tonight. Yeah, that game started at like 9am or something ridiculous like that and was probably over or close to over before I woke up. So much for catching a game before class.

Off to physics I went where I spent an hour + learning Nuclear Physics, no big deal. After the mind numbingly boring lecture that was Nuclear Physics I came home to catch up on some more stuff on the DVR and by stuff I mean Python Hunters. Watching that just made me want to go to the reptile house at the zoo. The reptile house has been my favorite part of the zoo ever since I was a kid. The two headed snake and the albino Burmese Python were my favorites of course and I found it super interesting watching the snakes get fed. I even used to watch a video on the computer all the time of a snake dislocating its jaw to eat an egg of some kind whole and puke up the shell. Clearly, I should have been born a boy. At least that way it would be easier to explain why I like snakes and sports, though the liking pink thing might be hard to explain. While watching Python Hunters I debated changing my major. I usually only debate that during Shark Week. I began to wonder how possible it would be for me to triple major in Kinesiology, Zoology and Marine Biology. I decided it would be academic suicide and wished I was a super nerd so that it would be possible for me to do this. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a marine biologist, mainly so I could play with dolphins and what girl wouldn't want to be a zoologist and spend her life around animals?! Of course with Kinesiology I get to combine my love of sports with my love of the how the human body works, so it looks like I made a good choice but I still wish my brain could handle triple majoring.

Continuing the theme of my nerdness I turned on the Big Bang Theory and got a good laugh when they played the music for Super Mario to "set the mood". Obviously that just made me want to play Super Mario. If Grey's Anatomy wasn't on tonight there is a good chance I would put down the laptop and jump on Nintendo and play. Yes, I am a badass and play the original Nintendo when I want to play video games. Super Mario Bros 2 is my game of choice and yes, I use the Princess 95% of the game and know when to skip levels and which character will help me the most in a certain level. I told you I should have been a boy.

After the Big Bang Theory, I turned on another episode of Python Hunters and they did something I found pretty interesting. They extracted some venom from a python in Peru and injected it into a vial of blood they drew from one of the guys on the show. Within three minutes the consistency of the blood was jelly like. Moral of the story, if you get venom injected in you, you're pretty much fucked because your blood is going to coagulate in no time. Now my favorite part about Thursday nights, Grey's Anatomy. Laptop off, Grey's on.


Oh yeah, here's some Padres news that happened today... We traded Ernesto to the Angels for a couple of minor leaguers, one of which is a pitcher and only in high A ball. I don't mind this trade because I wasn't Ernesto's biggest fan and the other guy we got in this trade is an infielder in Triple A. So if Bartlett and Hudson don't get shit going/ keep shit going I think we might just get to see him and Parrino as our starting infielders. Oh and it's not lost on me that we had an off-day after we started a win streak and according to my theories we should lose the game tomorrow. I will be perfectly fine if they decide to prove me wrong especially considering I will be at the game. So look out for a late night post tomorrow and if you're at the game feel free to say hi if you find me... as long as you're not a creeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment