Monday, May 28, 2012

I Don't Enjoy When Things Make Me Feel Bipolar

In the first inning Quentin doubled in Deno then took third on an error trying to get Deno out at home. Nice way to start your season. In the matter of two batters the Padres lead is gone. Seriously?! You do realize we are playing the Cubs right?? A sacrifice scores another run for the Cubs to make it 2-1 and I'm finding this to be serious bullshit. The Cubbies hit a solo shot in the second putting them up 3-1 now but it's okay because Will hit a HR in the top of the third to give us a run back and making me feel slightly better about the possibility of  not being completely embarrassed by the Cubs. In true Wrigley Field fashion the ball was thrown back onto the field and now I need to watch Rookie of the Year.

Chase tied up the game in the fourth with a solo shot of his own and now all hope is restored that we will win this game. Everth is still doing his best to impress me by joining Chase with a solo shot in this inning, putting us up 4-3. Soriano doubled in a run to tie the game and if it wasn't apparent before that this game is going to be a weird one, it is now. Ian Stewart regained the lead for the Cubs with a two run shot and Suppan was not happy with it... if only he was mic'd up. Chase is loving playing in Wrigley today because he just did work with a two run shot to tie the game up once again in the top of the fifth. Parrino comes around to score on an RBI single/obstruction double?? by Will giving the Padres the 7-6 lead in the top of the sixth. Just like that Hinshaw gives up a two run shot to Soriano for his second of the game and the fifth lead change of the game. This is ridiculous and I do not enjoy feeling bipolar. It's bad enough that Skype makes me feel this way but to have something I love this much do it, it's just plain rude.

During the seventh there was a bird straight chilling on the field and I was just waiting for it to meet a baseball. Part of me really wanted to see it happen just because I've never personally seen a bird explode from being hit by a baseball but part of me didn't want to because the thing is cute. Luke gave up a two run HR to give the Cubs a 10-7 lead... knock it off Padres pitchers. Stewart knocked in another run for the Cubs and I can't seriously believe we are losing to a team that is worse than we are. Correction, I can't believe we lost to a team worse than we are. Okay, maybe I can. I'm pretty sure we have done more bizarre things. Padres lose 11-7 and I'm embarrassed. We do not deserve to be a major league team and have hit an all new low as far as I'm concerned.

Record: 17-33

No comments:

Post a Comment