Monday, April 1, 2013

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

It's here, that glorious day is here!! Opening Day brings the best present anyone could ask for, baseball and lots of it. 4,860 glorious games spread across 6 months. Holy shit, I've never done the math before but that's A LOT of baseball AND it doesn't even include the playoffs. Merry fucking Christmas to all!!

The Padres kicked off the season in New York against the Mets. Now if this post is coming around 3pm or later, you can bet your ass that my internal baseball clock didn't go off and I slept through the entire game and was lucky I programmed the DVR... and that's exactly what happened. Oops.

In typical Volquez is pitching fashion, I didn't pay much attention to him, though this time it's probably more because I'm still half asleep than anything... as I yawn while typing that. The one time I did look up to watch Volquez, he threw above the batters head. Splendid, I did kind of love that Enberg basically called him a headcase shortly after. The Mets scored first in the second with two outs and obviously it is very disappointing yet expected with Volquez on the mound. I just really hate that guy.

Oy, Cabrera got drilled in the knee but stayed in the game... I think, I don't know, I'm still half asleep over here. Nonetheless, I bet that felt fabulous but is no comparison to the most amazing injury I've ever seen. Yes, I'm talking about the Louisville basketball player from yesterday. AMAZING. Anyway, the Padres cut the lead in half with a Quentin RBI single, woooh.

Yeah umm, Volquez did exactly what I thought he'd do, suck it up. He didn't even last four innings and had six runs charged to him. If he is worthy of the Opening Day starter position, what does the rest of our rotation look like?! I'm scared!!

God, this game is SUPER embarrassing. Then you throw in the fact that this new reporter chick is talking about a nose job. It is quite stupid. No shit, it's going to help him breathe better but what the fuck do we care, he's not on the Padres. Or is this your sad attempt to distract us from the shit we have put on the field??

So far the only highlight of the game has been Alonso's HR but they are still losing 7-2. In case you weren't already wondering how bored I am with this game, I just saw the commercial with the lady smoking a cigarette through her throat and thought "isn't she dead by now??" Seriously though, isn't she?? Hasn't that commercial been on for at least ten years??

Hold up, now this new reporter chick is pimping out Brach's girlfriend's career?! I thought I was watching baseball not E! News. Go away, unnecessary reporter, GO AWAY!! No one wants to hear about a new nose or a chick trying to become famous when they are watching baseball. Actually, I don't want to hear about anything when I'm watching baseball except for ya know, the actual baseball game.

By the 7th inning, the Mets hit a grand slam and made it an 11-2 game and that is sadly yet expectantly where this game ends. Thank you, Volquez and the Mets for ruining Christmas for us all, bastards. Now I must go to The Big Bang Theory to make me forget about this horrific game.

Record: 0-1

No comments:

Post a Comment