Friday, April 12, 2013

Let the Losing Streak Continue...

Carlos Quentin is officially every Padres fans hero after being villainized by just about everyone else. He got an 8 game suspension, JHJ received a one game suspension while Kemp and Greinke received none. Both Kemp and Greinke are more than deserving of suspensions. Greinke instigated and Kemp wouldn't shut the fuck up and continued to bring drama well after the game ended. Real classy, Kemp, real classy. Oh and his comment about this shit being something that happens in the minors and not the majors just made him look like a bigger douche for trying to continue it after the game. You, sir, have lost any respect that I had for you.

Now on to todays business, Jon Garland on my tv. Yum. Unfortunately the Padres are already turning this into an ugly game and not a "sweet there's a fight" kind of ugly. The Rockies are leading 2-0 with the bases loaded and one out... and it's only the first inning. Ross, get your shit together, Quentin can't be starting fights every day. Luckily Ross got out of the inning with only giving up two runs. Thank you baby Jesus, Alonso just tied the game up with a two run shot to center. So very pretty.

The Rockies take the lead back with a solo shot to center that Venable JUST missed. Had he jumped a split second later, he would have robbed it and we'd be happy. I love that Will flat out showed his frustration with missing it. Thank you for showing emotion. Nick starts off the bottom half of the fifth with a double. Why the hell didn't he do that when we needed it last night?! Will singles in Nick and Will had some kind of brain fart and got picked off first. STUPID. At least the games tied at 3 now. Cabrera got on somehow and I stopped caring until they kept throwing over. At that point I felt the need to inform twitter that if he get picked off that I'm going to kick his Nicaraguan ass... he got caught stealing. I'm not amused.

In the bottom of the seventh, Nick doubles in Gyorko from first which just barely beat the throw home. While CarGo was trying to get Gyorko out, Nick took third and there's only one out. That call at home was closer than I'd like and so have been other plays. My poor throat hurts from last night still. Will singled in Nick to make it 5-3, yay!! Crap!! Helton crushed a double to bring in a run off Luke. This isn't the Luke we know and love. I missed it but there was a play at the plate that was late and now it's tied again.

Good Lord, Venable and Kotsay run into each other and make me audibly gasp again. STOP IT!! My throat can't take this right now. I feel like I've been swallowing knives and all these gasping plays hurt. Fowler hit another home run and it's not 6-5 Rockies. Fowler officially owns the Padres. Street gives up another home run and it's 7-5. I nigh nigh. I don't know how but I'm positive the unnecessary tightness of Street's pants is the reason he's pitching like complete shit. As per usual, we lost and I'm indifferent about it. At least the last two losses have been fun ones.

Record: 2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment