Friday, April 19, 2013

An Offday Screws the Win Streak Yet Again

I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way. I'm extremely tired and irritable because I was up until 5 something this morning listening to the Boston Police scanners because of the whole manhunt thing. Let's be honest, that shit was more entertaining to listen to than anything else right now and since the kid just got captured like an hour or so ago, I'm totally regretting staying up so late to listen for nothing. I've had like 6 hours of sleep and don't know how I'm not in zombie mode. By the time the game starts, I will be even more annoyed so I apologize in advance if none of this makes sense or if  there is an unusual amount of "fucks" being thrown around. Also, let's see if last years theory on win streaks and off days stays true.

Padres score first on a Chase sac fly and hopefully we can win with that one run. HA, who am I kidding, Volquez is pitching. That lead will be gone before he records an out. Guess what guys, the Giants have runners on first and second with no outs and Pablo up. Guess what guys, I was wrong. He recorded an out and we are still winning!! Well what do you know, we lost the lead and it only took two outs to do so. Tie game at 1 after 1. Now excuse me while I grab a pillow and take a nap...

So the Giants take the lead now in the third and I'm fighting to stay awake. You guys, this is hard. Since nothing of importance has happened or is happening besides the strike zone being all over the place, I'm gonna go ahead and comment on something they talked about earlier in the game. Ross possibly missing his next start. We all saw Tyson pop his shoulder out and back in again during his start the other day and wondered if he was going to make his next start. Well, today they said his shoulder is still feeling sore and then panned over to show Cashner sitting next to him in the dugout. As they panned to Cashner they announced that it's likely that he will make Tyson's start should Tyson not be able to. I'm not any kind of okay with that. Like I've said before, what good does it do to throw as hard as Cashner can if he can't fucking locate?! The fact that they are so eager to skip over Bass, who has proven himself a starter in the past, is quite stupid. Okay, I'm gonna go back to pretending I give a shit about this game and trying to stay awake.

Chase ties the game at two in the sixth inning but I'm still too sleepy to really care. DAMN!! We ALMOST had a triple play. Had Gyorko's throw to first not bounced, we might have very well had that triple play. I'm not sure what's more amazing, that we aren't losing or that Volquez made it through six. The Giants win walkoff style, 3-2. Gross. Though it was completely expected because we had a win streak going on that got interrupted by an offday. Fuck off days and fuck you very much for continuing to prove my theory correct.
Record: 5- 11

No comments:

Post a Comment