Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thank God For Free Extra Innings...

I'm going to be perfectly honest here which shouldn't be anything new but I have paid absolutely no attention to the Padres game. I walked away from the game for a minute at one point only to come back and find that Clayton gave up a two run shot. The three games I wanted to watch today all started at the same time so I've been splitting time between the Reds, Indians and of course the Padres. However, with the way the Padres have been playing, I demoted them to the small screen on picture in picture. They will remain there until they stop playing like shit.... or the free preview of extra innings goes away. Even then, I'm sure I'll have plenty of episodes of the Big Bang Theory to watch while the Padres sit in the small screen.

Shortly after I switched game priorities, Alonso apparently hurt himself in the same way the caused my brother to break his arm back when he was in high school or on a travel team, I don't know, I was like 5 when it happened. I'd explain it but I wasn't paying close attention to it and you probably saw it anyway. FYI, Padres, I can play first but I won't bring a bat like we apparently so desperately needed instead of that pitching the you traded away which coincidently is having a pretty amazing game so far today. Good job, Padres, good fucking job.

Apparently it's cold in NY because the Padres are looking like ninjas right now and it's quite comical. Maybe if they actually did something besides suck, they'd be warm and not need to look like fucktards. Seriously though, I need a full body suit of whatever it is that's making them look like ninjas because ya know, I'm a pile of skin and bones and am cold if it's below 80. Somehow we scored a run so at least we won't be getting shutout. It's those small victories that matter. Oh hey, we scored again. I clearly missed that while remembering that I've only eaten a slice of apple pie today... oops. The Padres started scoring some more because the Mets are apparently letting the cold get to them and are suffering from hypothermia. I mean that's the only explanation. They're still losing 8-4 but hey, at least it's not 8-0 anymore.

Aside from the 9th inning comeback attempt, the most exciting part of the game today, the commercial for 42. I don't remember if I've blogged about this before but I pretty much hate baseball related movies. Weird, right?? Given how much I love all things baseball, baseball movies are not a top priority... except for Rookie of the Year, though that kid reminded me of my brother when I was little so there's that. But with all this said, I really want to see 42. Oh yeah, the other exciting part of the game, showing us the view from behind the catcher and me deciding that needs to be in 3D. Make it happen.

Record: 0-2

No comments:

Post a Comment