Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Circus Is Back In Town and We Win Walkoff Style

In case you're wondering about last night, I finally was annoyed enough through the day to not even bother writing a post. However, I did watch the game in the dark and yes, I plan on doing that again today. Gotta do whatever it takes to keep us winning, right?! Though, I imagine it will be harder to do today given the earlier start time. Hmmm.

During the bottom half of the first they decided to tell us why Zito likes 75 for his number... it's because it's a shelf for his name. Seriously. Spoken like a true stoner. Enberg and Grant tried to tell us it was because he's artistic. Stop lying to us, we all know he's a stoner.

In the second inning Stults nearly kills Belt but somehow manages to hit his bat instead of his head, the pitch immediately after, hits Belt. I guess Stults doesn't like baby giraffes. Before I could even finish typing that, the Giants take the early 3-0 lead on a three run home run. Yikes.

Waah a ground rule double ruined the Padres chances of scoring in the second. This should have been a 3-1 game right now. Stupid ground rule double. *Fart noise* Quentin makes an error and the Giants add on another run. *Double fart noise* as Posey doubles in Panda, 5-0 Giants. While all this stupid scoring is happening, the most awkward interview on the face of the earth is happening in the booth. Two white men, old and older, trying to talk soccer to what I'm assuming is a professional soccer player.

A pretty comical error, in the fourth, on Torres gives Q a double with one out. Now Blanks singles and we have runners on first and third and I'm praying we don't hit into a double play. I kinda want to see some scoring here. Alonso clears the bases with a double to make it 5-2 contrary to watch Enberg originally announced. Obviously, Zito's high is wearing off. Gyorko makes for out number two followed by a Hundley walk and a Guzman pinch hit to drive in our third run, 5-3 Giants. I'm telling you, his high is wearing off. Deno just tied the game on a double. FUCK YES!! Now we're into the Giants bullpen and no I don't find it a coincidence that we started scoring as soon as this room started getting dark. And the Padres take the lead on a Cabrera single, yeeeeeessssssss!! 6-5 Padres.

Seriously, what is with Pence and this whole one batting glove bullshit?! I don't understand it AT ALL. Fuck you, Mr. One Glove, for driving in two and taking back the lead. I don't like this nor did I approve of this. 7-6 Giants, oh and stop trying to make Blanks bust his face open on walls, K?? Thanks.

The Padres have the go ahead run on second with two outs and Hundley up, I can only hope that the magic we had in the fourth continues into this half of the fifth. It didn't, WAAAAAH!! However, we tied the game at 7 in the 7th, so there's that.

While waiting for something else to happen in the game, I was going through my twitter feed and saw a tweet from the MLB Fan Cave making the whole so and so's home run JUST landed joke. Don't be that person, it's not funny and is quite stupid.

Chase walks to kick off the bottom of the ninth and I'm going to love it if Q crushes it. There's not much better than a walk off home run. Unfortunately, Q did absolutely nothing in his at bat. Blah. Wow, Chase got called out at first and wasn't even tagged. Apparently a glove kicking up dirt counts as tagging the runner, BULLSHIT. However, I knew this was going to go into extras. Also, Alonso got hops. Mad hops. That was a pretty fantastical play and quite shocking and it needs to be in the top 10 plays on SportsCenter.

We're onto the 12th and Erlin gets to make his major league debut. Poor kid, people are going to hate him if he blows this game. Apparently the announcers lied because Thatcher is in instead of Erlin. What the fuck?! Stop telling us that Erlin is going to come in if he's not. The Padres are so close to winning this game and I can't take it anymore. Hurry up and win before I puke!! Giants bobble and the Padres win 8-7!! Thank you baseball gods, I was done with this one.

Record: 8- a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment