Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's All In the Head

I managed to turn the game on about 20 minutes before it actually started and heard Grant and Enberg talking about Volquez's issues. The thing that stood out to me, aside from them calling him a headcase, was how it is literally his head that is screwing him up. Basically, they said that Volquez doesn't realize that your head controls your body. As a gymnast, you learn this early. If your head moves to one side or the other during a dismount or whatever, your body will go off to that side. The fact that a professional athlete doesn't know this or understand this or what have you, concerns me. I'd think that would be something every athlete knows and at the very least, should know before they reach the professional level. With that said, I hope Volquez doesn't drive me batshit today.

Well fuck a duck. Two batters into the bottom half of the first and it's a 2-0 lead thanks to Fowler murdering that pitch. I'm beginning to think that even I could get a hit off Volquez. Cheese and crackers. I quit. We aren't even done with a full inning and I've already begun my "Padres depression" eating. Fan-fucking-tastic. It's a damn good thing that I can't gain weight or I'd be 500 pounds by now and it's only the sixth game of the season. DEPRESSING. Shockingly Volquez was able to get out of the second inning with only 11 pitches. It's a baseball miracle!! Then again, the Rockies pitcher did get a base hit so maybe miracle is an overstatement. To sum up how this season is going to go, Mark Grant just compared the Padres to the Titanic... let that one sink in. No pun intended.

It only took four innings but the Padres finally scored and it only took five for me to completely check out of the game. Ugh, the Rockies scored another run to make it 4-1 and yet, I've missed the third run. As if we didn't already know that Volquez is a little on the headcase side, they showed him hitting things out of frustration. Please don't go the Zambrano route.

FUCK!! Rockies with another home run to make it 7-1... and I should have turned the game off when I checked out in the 5th. We aren't coming back from that. Somehow Enberg thinks that if we had Headley and Grandal in the lineup that we would be doing a lot better. Because ya know, Headley and Grandal will magically make pitching better. It doesn't matter much if we have some guys that can hit if we still get out hit. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the game revolves around pitching.

A Rockies triple makes it 8-1 followed by a Rockies single to make it 9-1 in the eighth. Fuck you, bro, fuck you. I'm really wishing there was a 10 run rule thing going on to put us all out of our misery. If I've learned anything during this game is that the Padres think too much. They need to stop thinking and just play. Everything is so much simpler when you don't have to think and you can just do.

Record: 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment