Saturday, April 20, 2013

They've Already Lost Their Muchness

Welp, my hope for not starting a losing streak looks to be crushed into pieces, especially if tonight's home plate ump is using the same strike zone as last nights. Clayton was scheduled to start today but instead he decided to puke his brains out and give Cashner his spot. I'm gonna go ahead and say if we have to have Cashner on the team we should use him more like the Reds do with Chapman. Though, I don't want a pitcher with location problems being my closer so yeah, maybe we should just get rid of him in general or put him in the minors until those location problems are solved. For the record, I still don't get why they picked Cashner over Bass for tonight. 

Oh yeah, Ross is on the DL now. Told you, you shouldn't have left him in the game. So with Ross out and Cashner taking over for Clayton tonight, the Padres bring Weber back. Apparently from what Scanlan posted on Facebook, Weber is back in the pen. Hooray for pitchers already getting broken!! At least last season they waited a little longer before missing starts. If Weber is in the pen for long relief, who's going to start in Ross' spot?? I'm going to assume that Clayton will feel better by then and that he will take that spot... and the Padres confirmed my assumption. Maybe I should be the coach, I make logical decisions. 

Well the Padres went down in order to start the game which is shocking since Lincecum is pitching today. Clearly, they forgot that he has been shit lately. I believe the Giants also went down in order to start the game which is shocking since Cashner is pitching today. It's like the third inning already and the games only been on for 38 minutes and I have yet to pay attention to it. I looked up and the bases were loaded and two outs with Chase up to bat. Nothing came out of that, womp, womp. And by my theory last season, a blown bases loaded opportunity is an automatic loss. 

Pablo was apparently tired of the 0-0 game and took matters into his own hands and crushed it for a 2 run home run off Cashner. Great, now can we get Cashner out of the game. Please. We did. Bass came in and is showing why he should be a starter again. The highlight of this game, me legit freaking out because I ran out of syrup on my chocolate chip pancakes. The Padres lose 2-0 and I'm beginning to think the only reason they swept the Dodgers is because we had something to prove after the fight. If that's not the case, then they lost their muchness on the flight.

Record: 5-12

No comments:

Post a Comment