Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Volquez Gets the Win?! What the?! What?!

Once again, I wasn't going to write this but I had a few gems on twitter that need to be shared some more. Volquez is doing surprisingly well today. I use well loosely here, he hasn't given up any runs yet. In the second inning the Padres had the bases loaded with no outs and in true Padres fan fashion I tweeted "Wow, bases loaded and no outs?! We better not fuck this up", two seconds later "We fucked it up". Gyorko apparently forgot that he has at least three chances to hit the ball because he swung on the first pitch he saw and hit it directly to the SS and Alonso got doubled up. I want to say that I can't believe that happened but who the hell am I kidding, it's the Padres of course that happened.

Quentin gets the scoring started with a solo home run in the fourth. I'm glad he's back!! Oh and by "getting scoring started" I mean, scoring. Nothing more happened that inning. What is shocking, is that Volquez hasn't shit the bed yet. For what it's worth, I still like that none of our home runs have been aided by the new dimensions. Hooray for money well spent...

Umm Volquez bunted Hundley to second and he realized no one was covering third so he went to take third and there was a throwing error and now we are winning 2-0. What in God's green earth just happened?! If we win this, I'm watching the game in the dark until we lose. Superstitions are real, dammit!!

Holy shit, hell is freezing over. Volquez is in the 7th inning and only at 84 pitches to start it. Volquez goes 7 innings, gave up 5 hits, struck out 3 and didn't walk anyone. Oh and was under 100 pitches. Excuse me while I go into shock. Don't be fooled, one good start is not enough to make me like Volquez. I mean look at all that Cabrera has been doing and I still hate him.

Shit on a stick!! The Padres were one catch away from ending the game and the ball dropped between three players. That runner came around to score because apparently, Alexi got the jitters and couldn't make the catch to end the inning. A freak incident gives the Padres the final out. Seriously, it was a weird way to end the game. I can't even explain it but the Padres hang on to win their first home game since the home opener. Yes, the first game since the home opener. Don't act like you're surprised.

Record: 6- a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment