Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Jackie Robinson Day!!

I'm kinda pissed the Padres broadcast didn't show Harrison Ford throwing out the first pitch. I have an old man crush on him so this saddens me. However, Cabrera started the game off with a single so that's good and the clips of Jackie Robinson are awesome. Unfortunately Cabrera was the only good thing to happen in our half of the first. So not only do I miss my old man crush but we strand a runner at third AND gave away outs in the process?! Fuck that.

Aww crap, two outs and the bases loaded for Twat Waffle Supreme and I can only hope that nothing comes out of this. Thank you baby Jesus for getting Ethier out. I don't think my little heart could have handled it had he cleared the bases.

HOLY THREE RUN SHOT, BATMAN!! Stults, our starting pitcher, just crushed a ball for a 3 run shot to give us the early 3-0 lead. LOVE IT!! Oh and to make that home run better, it was his first career home run. Mid discussion about Crawford's different shoes, Adrian doubles in a run to make it 3-1 and now I'm just really annoyed with him. Now, back to Crawford's fashion statement. I would have enjoyed the look a lot better had he worn a white sock to pair with the blue shoe and left the blue sock to pair with the white shoe. That would have been super fancy and my inner 5 year old would have loved it.

It's only the fourth inning but I don't know what's more shocking, that the Dodgers are playing nice or that Enberg has been able to keep track with everyone wearing 42. I've barely been able to keep track of everyone and I can do it on a regular basis. Enberg, however, confuses guys when they aren't wearing the same number. Crap, I hate Crawford. He just singled in the Dodgers second run of the game, cutting our lead to one.

Can we PLEASE not blow this?! Please?! Apparently that was too much to ask for as the Dodgers just tied the game. F. U. As if tying the game wasn't bad enough Stults decided he needed to help the Dodgers and balk a runner to second. What the hell, bro?! They don't need our help.

With runners on first and third with no outs, the Padres continue this nonsense bunting crap. It only took two bunts gone foul to call it off, thank God because if it didn't we wouldn't have the bases loaded now. With the bases loaded, Paco walked in the go ahead run. Thank you kindly, sir. A lucky double play all but clears the bases for the Padres but puts us up another run, making it a 5-3 game with a runner on third.

So during that inning Casey Kelly retweeted me and I totally fangirled about that which is really odd.
Yes, I like Kelly but he's no Cory. Plus, it's not like I haven't had other players RT me or DM me or whatever in the past, so believe me when I say me fangirling is really odd. Now, I do like that he's tweeting during the game but I'd much rather him be sitting in that dugout waiting for his turn in the rotation. 

Seriously, they have shown me Mattingly too many times tonight and I want to punch him in the face. Every time I look at him now I can't help but see the whiny little bitch he was Thursday night during his post game interview. I can do with never seeing him again.

So when does the old Luke come back?? Ya know, the one you trusted when he got put into the game. I miss him. This one right now has the tying runs on with no outs. Wherever you are, old Luke, please come back. So umm Dodgers bunt the runners over and no one was covering third. Whoever didn't cover third, I now hate you. I don't want to see the tying runs in scoring positions with one out. NOT OKAY. Thank you Luke for looking the runner back to third and getting the out at first and a double thank you Alonso for getting the runner out by a mile at home to get us out of the inning. That was beautiful. 

Oooooh, the Dodgers opt to load the bases for the Padres with one out and Blanks up. Hmm, this may work in our favor and I really hope it does. And umm Enberg just said  that he hopes Kyle doesn't shoot Blanks... DEAD. Blanks flies out to Kemp but a run scores and on an error on Kemp, the runners advance. I'll allow it and more than approve of the Padres 6-3 lead. As the game went to commercial they showed a pitcher getting ready to come into the game, it was Street. You know how I could tell that was Street getting ready to come in?? His ridiculously tight pants. I'm still concerned for his boy parts. Seriously, I don't think I will ever not be concerned for them. Huston didn't scare me too terribly much AND the final out of the game was Kemp. Best way to end a game ever. The Padres win this one 6-3 and a Happy Jackie Robinson Day to all.

Record: 3-10

No comments:

Post a Comment