Thursday, April 4, 2013

That First Win Is Finally Out of the Way

There should be no surprise as why this post is ridiculously late. Yes, I was still sleeping. It was completely unintentional for one, I forgot there was a game on at the asscrack of dawn and for two, I felt like shit on a stick all night.

I don't know how I missed the cowbell the last two games but todays has been annoying as all hell. No, we don't need more cowbell. Also, how the hell did I miss the ginger on the Mets?! I really need to start paying more attention to these games.

Kotsay is constantly surprising me this year with his hustle. That hustle allowed for the Padres to take the first lead of the series, very exciting. I don't know about you, but I keep reading that sarcastically. Not how I meant it to be, I'm just tired still. Yes, I'm well aware that it's late in the day but remember, shit on a stick.

Can someone please explain to me why we needed to know that Venable got engaged on Easter?? What the fuck does that have to do with the game?! NOTHING. Stop it with this whole turning the game into an E! News-esque report. I guarantee that the guys watching could care less and a lot of the girls watching are probably thinking "dammit, time to mark him off my cleat chasing list". Then there's me who's slotted in with the guys.

After Kotsay being thrown out by a mile, I retract my previous statement. Whose bright idea was it to send him?! He had to have done that on his own. No way, Roberts sends him, he's a tad bit on the old side.

The Padres load the bases in the seventh, as you all know since you guys watch this before I was even awake. I'm shocked cheers all over SD didn't wake me up, I kid. Venable so narrowly missed a grand slam and I'd be excited about it had I not had a spoiler alert on twitter. The Padres got an insurance run in the eighth. Again, I'd be more excited about it but again, twitter spoiler alert. Huston comes in and does his best Heath Bell impression but it doesn't matter because the Padres win 2-1 and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that the first win is finally out of the way.

Record: 1-2

2 comments:

  1. kotsay tried to catch them sleeping, since they probably were sleeping on the prior pitch. but they weren't sleeping on the one he chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, clearly, I was still half asleep and missed that. Though I stand by my comment about him being a tad bit old for stealing.

      Delete