Friday, April 5, 2013

Welp, We Aren't Starting a Win Streak Today

It's a miracle, the Padres got a win yesterday and I'm awake in time for todays game. Awake, not functional. Be very prepared for a post that makes even less sense than normal as I attempt to write about the baseball battle between us and the Rockies. This whole day games thing is very rude and uncalled for. Baseball is made to be played at night... unless you're in Wrigley Field. I like it a lot better getting to turn the game on at night and end my day with it. Needless to say, I can't wait until there's some normalcy. Ha, normalcy, in baseball?! That's a good one.

The Padres did something it took about two and a half games to do last time, score first. I'd be excited but I'm a full on zombie right now. Also, kind of hard to be excited when you realize Marquis is the starter in this makeshift rotation. The Rockies tied the game in the bottom of the third, no thanks to Cabrera's bobbling action. Fuck, Tulo and his two run double to give the Rockies the 3-1 lead. Can we please catch a break here?!

Aside from the Rockies scoring, Miss wanna be E! News host decided to tell us that she was planning on blocking a ball with her laptop, her bright ass pink laptop. Between her having a pink laptop and her fabulous nose job and engagement reporting, I believe she's with the wrong network. She does realize that she's a sports reporter and not working for E! right?? I mean, don't get me wrong, I wish I had a pink laptop and have wanted one ever since I saw Legally Blonde but for that to be the laptop you bring to work, not ok. I'm not trying to intentional hate her like I have every other chick sports reporter but she is making it WAY too easy. As someone who has been called a cleat chaser because I appreciate the attractiveness of players, she is not doing anything to prove to me that she's not trying extra hard to be one. She looks like she's trying to play up the pretty girl card. Obviously with this rant, the Padres haven't done anything worth writing about right now. Sorry.

Crap, the Rockies just hit a HR and for a second I thought it was us and yelled "heyyyyyyy" before I realized that wasn't us. Told you, zombie mode. Fuck!! Rockies with another HR to make it 5-1. I do like that they play Vengaboys every time one is hit though. That at least makes me start singing the song instead of yelling at the shitty pitching. However, I'd rather not have the song stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Woot, the Padres score in the top of the 8th putting us down by only 3 now. And we have it, the first audible "oooooh" of the season. Deno makes a fantabulous catch in the bottom half of the 8th to rob a hit from CarGo. And we also have the first audible "oh Cam" of the season. He would have had an amazing diving catch had he been able to make it. So sad!! On to the 9th and hopefully we can pull some runs out of our asses and win this game. Yeah, we couldn't pull anything out of our asses except a base hit, waaaaaah.

Record: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment