Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We Saw, Bitch

So I'm in a bad mood today and don't even want to watch the game. I don't know how or why but it's no good. What is good, Chase is back and in the lineup tonight. Another thing that can be looked at as both good and bad, Cam is on the DL for his wrist. I don't remember seeing him hurt himself which leads me to believe that his injury is responsible for the horrific batting average. It's a logical conclusion to make. Whether or not it's the right one, we might never know. Or ya know, he comes back and starts hitting then it will justify my theory. We still won't be positive that the injury is the cause but it definitely doesn't help.

Let the injuries continue, sigh. Ross appears to have screwed up his shoulder in a near home run in the top of the third but is staying in... for now. Don't be the hero, bro. If you're hurt at all, take yourself out. Well after some ROM tests, Ross stays in the game. I don't know about you but given the Padres injuries records, I'd take him out just to be safe.

Jesus makes a great catch to get Adrian out. However, he should have let it continue into the stands and we'd still be 0-0 instead of 1-0 Dodgers. I prefer to think that Adrian would have hit into a double play and ended the inning. My timeline, however is full of negative nancy's and felt the need to crush my bubble by telling me Adrian probably would have crushed it. Let me have my moment, dammit!! Luckily, Cabrera tied it up with a solo shot to start off the fourth inning but not before I had to hear the in game chick talk about using the Hello Kitty Dodgers blanket. Sweetie, you work for/with the Padres, it's not ok for you to be using that and if  you insist on it, don't let us know about it.

The Padres continue to get to Kershaw and load the bases in the fourth after Cabrera's home run. Gyorko grounds into a double play but Chase was able to come in and score to make it 2-1 good guys. I'm very disappointed about this. All that patience and work to load the bases with no outs only to have them all but cleared by a double play. Not okay. Blanks just drove in our third run and I'm wishing he would have been in Gyorko's spot instead. A wild pitch advances Blanks to second with Nick up, who had an ugly swing to start that AB. Seriously, it was gross. The Dodgers opt to walk Nick to get to Ross. I hope Ross' shoulder doesn't affect his AB but I think it will. Welp, he bunted which I'm convincing myself was to protect his shoulder because there's no other logical explanation to do so with two on and two outs. 3-1 good guys to end the top half of the fourth.

Deno starts off the fifth the same way Cabrera did, with a solo shot. 4-1 Padres but not before the Dodgers tricked me into singing Call Me Maybe, which will be stuck in my head the rest of the night... dirty bastards. So Casey Kelly has been tweeting during the games this series and the Padres have been kicking ass. It's only logical that he has to continue tweeting during the games until we lose. Hashtag: superstitions. For some God awful reason the telecast feels the need to keep showing me that little bitch known as Greinke. Get him off my tv!! If I wanted to see him, I'd replay the fight that is still on my DVR.

Three straight games and umpteen times played and I have clapped along with the PA system played "everybody clap your hands". Yes, I feel like a massive loser but I'm fairly confident had their PA system not been ridiculously loud, I wouldn't be doing that. Anyway, Ross struggled in the fifth and loaded the bases with two outs. Come on!! Why are you trying to give us all a heart attack here. We need to sweep LA. Brach enters the game and immediately throws a ball, not what I want to see when the bases are loaded and we only have a 3 run lead. Thank God, Schumaker hit it back to Brach and we were able to get out of the inning with any damage. We got this!!

Another solo shot for the Padres, coming by way of Kyle Blanks to make it a 5-1 game. Seriously, these Padres are never going to want to leave LA. Kershaw gets pulled with a runner on and one out for Paco... I can't stop laughing when I say it, Paco. Brach stays in for the Padres and I noticed that he does, sometimes, one of my favorite things, jumps into fielding positions after the pitch. It makes me so sad that more pitchers don't do that and makes me miss Peavy. If I ever find myself with a pitcher, I'm going to get on his case if he doesn't get into fielding position. It can save your face, just ask Chris Young.

After Cabrera steals third, Kotsay knocks him in making it a 5 run lead in the seventh. I love seeing my Padres play like this and I'm still hoping this isn't just random luck and that they really have finally figured everything out. Clayton, pinch runs for Kotsay, Gyorko singles and the Dodgers hit Blanks to load the bases with two outs. Nick strikes out to end the inning but it's okay because it's a 6-1 game.

Dodgers load the bases because we put Thatcher in and he sucks and Thayer couldn't get a second out. Now the penis wrinkles put Kemp in to pinch hit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can double him up and not blow this game. Thayer is getting squeezed like no other against Kemp. Kemp tossed his bat because he was so sure we just walked in a run and I laughed as the ump called strike and the douche lord goes from a 3-0 count to striking out. Unlike normal batters, Kemp got six strikes before he got called out. Thayer got out of the inning and my little heart can kindly go back to a normal heart rate anytime now.

Chase knocks in his first RBI of the season and moves Cabrera to second and now it's 7-1 Padres. Also, Cabrera is a triple shy of the cycle. The Padres once again have the bases loaded and once again do nothing with it but it's ok because we are winning!! Blanks gets hit, again, to start the ninth inning and once again, no one rushed the mound because no one said "fuck you" to anyone. I do find it bullshit that there was no warning tossed out after that given both times he was hit came after he homered. Street comes in, in a non save situation and walks Twat Waffle Supreme with one out. Now I'm REALLY hoping Adrian hits into a double play to end the game. Yep, that didn't happen. Street gave up a hit to Adrian and now all of you see why Street scares me. Aaaaaand he walks the bases loaded. STOP IT!! Kemp flies out to Venable but a run scores and it's now 7-2 Padres. SWEEP LA!!

I seriously want to get EVERY Padres fan on twitter to tweet Kemp after the game "we saw, bitch." There is no way in hell he could ignore that and I'd laugh my ass off. Seriously, @TheRealMattKemp. Now go tweet!!

Record: 5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment