Saturday, August 25, 2012

We Got This

While I was watching Batman/getting my nap on, the Padres started the game off with a Chase solo home run. I'm not sure if I should be more disappointed that I fell asleep watching Batman or that I'm having to watch this home run being hit over a half hour after the fact. Well the game over a half hour after it started. The only good thing I can come up with for starting the game last is I can fast forward through commercials and if the opportunity presents itself, Leila's voice. In the second inning Upton hit a two run inside the park home run. WHAT THE FUCK?! That was interesting in the "how the fuck do you not even attempt the throw to the plate knowing that there wasn't anyone but Upton running by that point" kind of thing. Even if it was a shitty throw or late it's not like you would have cost a runner to move up. So much for our early lead as the D-Backs now lead 2-1.

In the third inning, Cabrera finally got caught stealing which is very disappointing because that is about the only thing I liked about him. Quentin ties the game in the fourth with a solo home run of his own. I like that the only runs being scored are off of home runs, even if they aren't the conventional ones from the not so bad, bad guys. Fifth inning, Alonso with a solo shot and now it's a 3-2 Padres lead. Me Gusta!! I'm kinda over solo shots but I'll take them. The D-Backs walk Yasmani with the bases loaded to make it a 4-2 game in the sixth. Two more runs score on an Alonso single. I still don't like him but I'm learning to tolerate him more and more.

Will starts the eighth with a stand up triple. Triples are fabulous but I like it better when they have to slide. What can I say, I love it when they get dirty. Chase drives Will in on a sac fly to make it 7-2 Padres and I'm still not caught up with the live broadcast. The Padres load the bases once again with one out this time around. Let's go ahead and blow this even further open than it already is, okay?? This D-Backs pitcher doesn't know how to hit the strike zone as he walks Cam to make it an 8-2. Keep walking us, please and thank you. Alexi drives in another run making it 9-2 on a sac fly and we now have runners at the corners with two outs and Clayton up. Clayton can hit but not in this case, lame sauce. Clayton gives up a solo home run to make it a 9-3 game in the bottom of the eighth. It's okay, Clayton, we are still kicking their asses. The Padres go down in order in the top half of the ninth but who really gives a fuck because the D-Backs just did the same thing. The Padres win 9-3 and take the first two games of the series to extend their win streak to six.

Record: 58-70

No comments:

Post a Comment