Friday, August 17, 2012

Béisbol De Grandes Ligas Presenta Los San Diego Padres y Los San Francisco Gigantes

It's been kind of a "lets speak Spanish" day at my house today, hence the title. Sorry bout it. I lied, I'm not. You can blame the Spanish on my brain. It decided it wanted to listen to Shakira but only non English songs earlier. So I've been singing, tweeting and speaking Spanish throughout the day. I'm even debating watching the game in Spanish tonight because now I need to know if they get just as excited as the Spanish soccer announcers do.

Two batters into the game and I have determined a few things, 1) the Spanish announcers speak too fast, 2) the only thing I'm understanding are the players names and a few words here and there, 3) They got too excited for the Giants home run but not the same level of excitement as their soccer announcing counterparts.  If I can handle this three second delay going on I may try and keep the Spanish station on just to see the level of excitement they have when the Padres... err IF the Padres do something amazing. Okay, so that catch Venable made just made the announcers go a little apeshit. I think I like this even though I can't understand most of it at least I don't have to see those stupid Nissan commercials, hear Mark Grant or listen to Enberg get excited about something the Giants did. Although if something heated happens, I'm going to need to change stations ASAP.

Eww, gross, the Giants scored on an RBI triple but the announcers made me slightly less mad just because of how excited they got calling this game. Pretty sure I heard abuelo pelota during that triple. Obviously pelota was the only correct thing I heard. The Giants add on another run to make it 3-0 with one out and Panda up. ¡No me gusta cómo se ve! Panda drives in yet another run on an RBI single and now Posey is up. (Enter replay of Posey breaking his leg here.) The Giants now have runners on first and second with one out and already the Padres had to have their little powwow on the mound. This is really encouraging.  ¡PUTO! The Giants scored yet again to make it 5-0 and this umpire they are zooming in on, on Fox Deportes looks like he is about to murder me through the TV. I think that's my cue to change stations... The Giants scored AGAIN on what I can only assume was a wild pitch because I didn't change the station yet. So now it's 6-0 Giants in the third, fabuloso. Pitching change and we haven't even recorded two outs yet = no mas Fox Deportes. Enter Lizard Man, Mikolas and enter another Giants run, 7-0. And another run makes eight runs charged to Ohlendorf. Okay, Giants, stop scoring runs!! I'm tired of typing, "and the Giants score again."... 9-0 Giants. So. Over. It. Hey, we finally got out of the inning. Thank you, baby Jesus.

Not going to lie, this game was a lot more entertaining when I had it on the Spanish station. Alonso breaks up Cains no hitter in the fifth inning, thank you. I don't think I would have been able to handle it if Cain got a no hitter. Sweet deal, Cabrera drove in Alonso and now we won't be shutout either!! The Giraffe drives in a run and now it's a 10-1 game. The Giants have the bases loaded with one out now. Have I mentioned that I'm over it?? The Padres lost 10-1 and if anyone is really surprised by this, you are a fucking moron.

Record: 52-69

Love, Peace and Baseball. XOXO or some other stupid shit like that. Buenas noches, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment