Sunday, August 19, 2012

Suck It, Giants

Two batters into the game and I'm already questioning this strike zone. If Vogelsong doesn't last long in this game we know why, Cabrera. The first Padres batter of the day made Vogelsong throw thirteen pitches. Lets wear him out!! Venable didn't wear him out but got a hit and a stolen base so I can't complain too much. As Chase strikes out for the second out of the inning you can hear way too many Giants fans at the game. I thought I told them last night to go home. Apparently, their listening skills aren't that great either. Quentin singles in Will to give us the early lead. Now, if only we can keep a lead this time. Clearly, Cabrera's thirteen pitch at bat has gotten to Vogelsong because now Alonso got a hit. It's either that first at bat or the fact that I wasn't watching Alonso that resulted in that hit. Vogelsong walked Alexi and now we have the bases loaded for Cam. I'm not too sure how I feel about this. We do have two outs and Cam doesn't have the greatest batting average but I do love Cam. Fingers crossed we do work with this bases loaded situation. YES!! Cam drives in two to give us the 3-0 lead. I like it!! With Alexi and Cam on first and second we do one of my favorite things, double steal. Those are the best guys to have on base for that. I'm thoroughly surprised we put that play on. After 35 pitches Vogelsong finally gets out of the inning. Hopefully we can force him to have more innings like this one.

Posey starts off the second with a double because Venable couldn't make an everyday catch. I do love how he looked at the glove like "Dude, you were supposed to catch that. What the fuck?!". During Pence's AB all hell breaks loose with balls in the dirt and balls getting away to move Posey into scoring position. Pence gets the sac fly and the throw home was too high otherwise we should have been able to get Posey out. The Padres lead 3-1 now. Lets not keep letting them score runs. Cam just sucked it up and now the Giants have a runner on first with one out and Belt up. What the hell is going on in that outfield?! Luckily we held the damage to only one run. It should have ended before a run scored but I guess I can't complain about one unearned run coming around to score.  During the Padres half of the second, they kept showing this stupid Giants fan with a birthday tiara on. She looked miserable. You can't wear that to a game and look miserable, you know you will be on tv. Besides, you're in San Diego and your team is in first place. Try smiling you stupid whore. Vogelsong hits Quentin to load the bases with two outs for the Padres and Alonso up to bat. I can only hope we do work again because I'm not comfortable with a two run lead. Yeah, we didn't do work.

We have made some fantastical defensive plays in the top of the third. One amazeballs diving grab by Chase and an equally amazeballs pirouetting play by Alexi. I love it when my boys make fancy plays like this. In the fourth, Pence just missed a home run by a few feet and the most amazing part of it was that Quentin was just standing there waiting for it. It was like, "yeah, fuck you. I got this". Oh jeez, Clayton drilled Belt and the umps gave a warning. Really bro?! Vogelsong throws 96 pitches before he is taken out of the game in the fourth. Clearly, Bochy doesn't care that we weren't done playing with him. Like I said to start this post, the strike zone is questionable and Chase just got thrown out because of it. Fucking fabulous. On the bright side, Logan comes in to play third now.

Alexi starts the fifth with a triple. Me gusta mucho!! Cam lines a single to left and Alexi comes around to score. Now I don't have to worry about a two run lead. Baker should have been out but the Giants fucked up so instead of getting out he sits on second and Cam on third. Blow this game open, boys!! Clayton struck out for the first out of the inning but I can't be mad when it's a pitcher recording an out, though Clayton can crush it. Cabrera drives in two more on ab RBI double to make it 6-1. It's looking like Chase's ejection was the best thing to happen to the team. Home run for Will in the eighth to make it a 7-1 game and the worlds longest... at least it feels like the worlds longest but that's because I've been watching baseball continuously since 10 am. The Giants may have taken two of three this series but we win today 7-1 and I'm not mad at all. Now I can finally get around to sliding around on/washing my car in this boob sweat weather.

Record: 53-70

No comments:

Post a Comment