Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Who in God's green earth decided it was okay to start a Padres game at 9:30 in the morning?! My ass is still sleeping at that time and only gets up before that if I absolutely have to or if the boy wakes me up. Needless to say I started this game about 2.5 hours late. I'm avoiding twitter for spoilers because I have enough of that happening with the Olympics. Spoiler Alert: Gabby wins gold for the women's all around. If I had to find out before it airs, so do you.

God, Cueto's delivery weirds me out, it's almost pirouette-esque. In the second inning, the clown man hit a two run home run to give the Reds the lead. Can you stop it?! I don't like seeing that against my Padres. Any other series and I would be more than happy for the clown man but not this one. Dammit!! Venable just missed the ball and another Reds run comes around to score while leaving runners on second and third with no outs. I'm so not okay with this. Ugh with the bases loaded and two outs, Rolen singles in two runs to give the Reds the 5-0 lead before Ohlendorf balks in a run, making it 6-0 Reds. STOP IT!! Ohlendorf loads the bases yet again in the second. Holy fuck, it's only the second still?! Why is Black being a shithead and letting him load the bases twice and give up six runs in one inning?!

Today is Eddy Rodriguez major league debut and he didn't disappoint. In his first plate appearance he puts the Padres on the board with a solo shot off of Cueto of all players. NICE!! The Padres score two more on a Headley single that ate the shit out of Cozart. We are still losing but at least we are slowly chipping away at the lead, 6-3 Reds. Cam hits a solo shot of his own in the fourth to make it a 6-4 game now. Even though we have lost the last two games here, I love us playing in Cinci. It's nice being able to actually watch offensive dominant games. Okay, Mark Grant just got cool points for wanting to be an Olympic Gymnast. I still don't like him but he definitely earned points with that.

The Reds score on an odd play in the bottom half of the fourth to make it 7-4 and it looks as if Black might actually get thrown out for once. Shockingly enough the umpire didn't throw out Black though it looked like he was about two seconds away from doing so. Cozart singles in yet another run and I'm getting very sad about this 8-4 game now. The Reds score once more, this time in the eighth, to make it a 9-4 before they bring in my other boob starer, Arredondo, to pitch the Padres half of the inning. This series was basically a more offensive driven version of the series out here with the Padres taking the first game and shitting the bed in the other three. At least this time, I wasn't so confused in my cheering.

Record: 44-63

No comments:

Post a Comment