Thursday, August 30, 2012

Better Late Than Never

So I'm more than a day late on this game but better late than never right?? As long as the Padres continue to play day games during this semester, like they will, my posts will either be late or nonexistent. Oh hey, Kyle Blanks, totally forgot we still had him. Actually no, I knew we still had him because I had to correct my friend a few weeks ago when he tried to tell his friends that we let Blanks go. He needs to leave the baseball facts to me, thanks. Dude, sorry for how completely random my posts are. I noticed this earlier today and once again just now. I'm clearly writing this how I am and say what pops into my head when it does and without any proper transitioning.

While discussing the changes that are going to be made, such as a new scoreboard (Thank God), Enberg interrupts with so much excitement at a Logan RBI double to give the Padres the 1-0 lead with runners on second and third and one out. Cam drives in Kotsay on a sacrifice to put us up by two now in the fourth. I was beginning to wonder when the scoring was going to start. Ugh, the Braves score in the top half of the fifth to cut our lead in half. I didn't approve of this!!

What turns out to be a massive brain fart for the Braves, puts Cabrera on second instead of being out to start the bottom of the fifth. I will take these Braves fuck ups all day. I'm going to go ahead and say that shitty bunt was another brain fart for the Braves because that looked like it should have been easily caught and now we have runners at the corners and no outs. Will steals second on a pretty fantastic jump and high throw to put runners at second and third with no outs and a 3-1 count on Chase. Chase drives in two more on a single which may have been a double had the ball not been cut off. Then again we may have only got one run instead of two so I'm not going to be mad that Chase is only at first. Chase got thrown out stealing second, Grandal flies out and just like that we go from scoring to getting out, to getting out the Braves starter to hitting Kotsay to put two runners on and two outs. And I have clearly said "to" too many times.

The Braves load the bases with two out in the sixth and now I'm a little worried. I'd be more worried but I already know we win this game. The joys of having internet and friends that can't shut their mouths. Cam singles to start our half of the sixth and followed promptly by a Guzman walk. Cabrera sacrifices to move the runners to second and third and as Enberg is saying how fans appreciate sacrifice bunts, I was about to write how much I hate them. I HATE giving up outs. Will narrowly escapes being hit to load the bases. Maybe he should have taken a lesson or two from some of the players who don't bother to get out of the way. Hmm, that call at the plate looked super sketch to me. Cam looked to have been safe but from another angle, Cam was clearly out and that call is no longer super sketch.

I love when the camera men decide to focus on random animals on the field, today they focused on a pigeon and by today I obviously mean tomorrow. I feel like it is really weird to see pigeons on the field out here and that it should be seagulls instead. Logan doubles yet again, this time to start the bottom of the eighth. I'm glad our offense has showed up again. Cam walks on five pitches to put two men on and no outs and I'm wanting a double steal here just for funsies. We won't get the double steal that I want because they walked Alexi to load the bases. If he would be a normal sized batter that ball would have not doubt been a strike. Thank God for short players. With the bases loaded, Deno singles to drive in two, making this a 6-1 game. Thank you baby Jesus for giving us our offense back!! With runners on first and second, Grandal singles to drive in Alexi as Deno over slides into third but luckily he was able to hang on by a finger and now we are winning 7-1. Alonso also singles and drives in yet another run... with two outs. The Padres lead is now extended to 8-1 in the eighth. Brach decides to give up a home run because he felt bad that we were winning by so much, at least that's what I'm telling myself. It doesn't really matter since we are going to win this game 8-2. Do you think we like playing the spoiler??

Record: 61-71

No comments:

Post a Comment