Monday, August 27, 2012

A Kelly Debut Brings In an Eighth Straight Win

So I'm more than two hours behind on tonight's game because I was being a good Auntie and terrible Padres fan this year and went to my nieces birthday party unlike last year. Last year I was a terrible Auntie but a fantastical Padres fan because I ditched the birthday party to see Trevor's number be retired. As someone who has been a fan as long as I have it would have been ungodly to miss the retirement ceremony. I do feel awful for missing the live debut of Casey Kelly but two hours behind is better than not see it at all.

To kick off the second inning of the game Yasmani jacks a two run shot to left, giving the Padres the 2-0 lead against ATL. Ugh is it really necessary to remind us yet again that we lost in the last game of the 2010 season and were kicked out of a playoff spot to the dirty Giants?! I believe not. Every Padres fan has that game burned into their memory and needs no reminder about it. In fact if someone has a drug that will single handedly remove specific memories, I bet there would be a ton of Padres fans will to take it to erase that game and game 163. Yes, I'm still bitter about that and will forever hate Matt Holliday for it. Ooh there was a very shady double play call BUT Cam was out at first... barely. It was unbelievably close at first glance and I wish we would stop hitting into those line drive double plays. I swear I never saw any double plays happen like that until this season and now I'm seeing it everywhere.

Yep, totally just saw another line drive DP but at least this one was against the Braves instead. I like it A LOT better that way. So I just got to the part of the game where they showed Casey Kelly's dad and brother. Umm can I PLEASE have his brother?? Please?? Okay, they really need to stop showing me his brother, I'm getting way too distracted and not concentrating on his pitches. Stop it, FSSD!! As if Casey wasn't killing it enough as it is, he got his first major league hit tonight. Good job, kid!! The Padres have the bases loaded for like what, the fourth game in a row?! I'm very impressed that we keep managing to do this. We didn't get any runs around with it but still, we are getting there.

Casey had an amazing night and went six very solid innings against one of the better teams in the league and is on his way to collecting a W. Once again, good job, kid!! Chase steals second in the eighth with two outs and Yasmani gets a base hit and scores Chase to make it 3-0. Unfortunately, Grandal got caught in a run down but you know what, I don't care because we extended the lead. The Padres would win this one 3-0 to give us the longest winning streak of the season, 8 whole games!! Let's keep this going boys, this is very exciting!!

Record 60-70

I just did a whole post and I didn't say shit!! And if you didn't get that reference, you need to listen to Eminem's Rain Man. Seriously, I went a whole post without cussing. I deserve a Slurpee for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment