Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Offense Go??

Gross!! The Braves scored first but it could have been much worse. Instead of a one run lead it could have been a two run lead. It wasn't nearly as close to being a home run as I initially thought but Will most definitely should have been able to catch that and get out of the inning unharmed. The highlights of Kemp running into the wall are pretty epic, he must really like doing that. Though the one from today didn't look very good, given they showed him laying on the ground awhile after. Double gross!! Uggla just hit a solo home run almost into the paint can and now we are losing 2-0. Did we forget we are going for nine straight wins because we sure as hell don't like we are playing for a ninth straight win.

Oh Lord, it's already the sixth inning and the Padres still haven't scored. We finally get a player on which it seems like we hadn't done in forever AND he gets picked off. Alexi, why you go and get picked off?! Cabrera over throws Alonso for what should have been an easy out in the top half of the eighth and watching us lose is super depressing. I was finally getting used to us winning games. Dude if we are going to stop playing like we have been, can this hurry and end so I can go straighten my hair before we turn the AC off for the night?? As yet another Padres strikeout occurs I begin thinking to myself "Where did our offense go?!". Seriously, it was here one day, gone the next. Isn't it supposed to be or usually a gradual decline in performance and not a dramatic change??

The most exciting part of the game was the baseball drama in the top of the ninth about whether or not Alonso intentionally let the ball drop or dropped it to get a double play. They totally would have had if the umps hadn't overturned the play. I have to be honest and say that I wasn't paying close enough attention so I'm not entirely sure why they overturned it but I find it stupid that they did. Can't you see we are already losing, you're just preventing the inevitable by extending the inning. Cabrera luckily makes it on to start the bottom of the ninth and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't get picked off here. I'd appreciate it if this game would hurry and end in glorious fashion. The Padres snap their win streak in gloriously lame fashion, a shut out. UGH. I hate seeing the Braves win.

Record: 60-71

No comments:

Post a Comment