Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Little Baseball Heart Hurts

The Padres start today's game just like they started yesterday's, with a solo shot. This time though, it wasn't Alexi but Chase and he is making PNC Park his bitch. This home run marks the third in a game and an inning. I told you PNC Park is his bitch. I bet the Pirates are wishing they would have made a trade happen now. Cabrera leads off the third with a triple and comes around to score on a Chase ground out to make it 2-0 Padres... so much for getting a home run in four consecutive AB's.

Somehow the Padres scored a third run but I was over the game by then and was debating going back to bed. Next thing I know, I'm seeing people on twitter tweeting not to tweet about the mythical being that is going on in the game, which I had no idea was happening. After that Will hit a solo home run for himself and the Padres are now winning 4-0 in the sixth inning all while Burnett is nearing 100 pitches. The Padres load the bases for Chase. Everyone was hoping he'd hit a grand slam but you know what, I'll take Burnett walking in a run any day if it means Quentin gets to come up with the bases loaded.

In the top of the 7th the MLB twitter account spoke of the unspoken. I immediately tweeted them to tell them they need to "shoosh it. signed, Padres fans everywhere".  They didn't listen as they tweeted a link to watch the game live, shortly after I tweeted them. MOTHER FUCKER!! I blame you, MLB twitter account. No one other than Padres fans give two shit whether or not the Padres get the no-no therefor there is no need for you to keep tweeting about it. My little baseball heart can't take anymore of these no hitters late in the game. I'm still trying to figure out how Alexi didn't get an error on the play. It looked pretty damn routine to me. Do the baseball gods just hate us THAT much that we can't ever catch a break?? I will be more than happy to take a questionable no-no than a one hitter any day. Marquis gets a two hit shutout to win 5-0 and extend the win streak to six in a row but really, no one cares as much about the win or the win streak since the no-no is still a fucking myth.

Record: 51-64

No comments:

Post a Comment