Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Loaded Bases, Alexi Hops, McCutchen Beast Mode and an Extra Innings Walk Off

The Padres score first once again this series off a Quentin two run double. I'm totally okay with this extension of Quentin now. Marquis took a line drive off his wrist and he may or may not be dead. He's still in pitching but I don't believe that he's not dead. He's clearly zombie pitching. Team fun size got taken out and a throwing error to give the Pirates a run. Boooo.

In the third inning the Padres load the bases with one out and like my gut was telling me, Alonso hit into a double play to end the inning. I had just commented not too long before that about where these bats had been all season. Clearly, Alonso didn't care and brought back the old bats. Quentin and Alexi saved a run with an AMAZING play to get the runner out at home. Not even going to lie, I was a little worried this game was about to be tied but that throw home was PERFECT and Grandal didn't puss out blocking the plate. Well he didn't even need to really, the ball got there in plenty of time that the runner slid into the glove. BEAUTIFUL.

The Padres load the bases once again, this time in the fifth with two outs and Alexi up. Alexi unfortunately ended the inning but I can't be too mad at him after that throw home earlier. The Pirates tie the game on a solo home run and make me super sad. I wanted this game to hurry and end, I don't want it to go into extras like I feel it will. Pretty sure I have some Molecular Bio shit to deal with before tomorrow. Well, the Pirates scored again to make it 3-2. At least it won't go into extras... I hope. Once again the Padres load the bases, this time with no outs. Sooooo we are going to do something with this one right?? Venable ties the game because the Pirates are bobbling left and right in this half inning. We still have the bases loaded and no outs. Lets do work, son!! Chase strikes out for the first out of the inning but it's okay because Quentin is up now. Well it's not okay Quentin is up and just hit into a double play. We seriously do not deserve to win this game. We have technically had the bases loaded four times and have only scored once. Seriously, Padres, how do you manage to not utilize those opportunities?!

If we would have had speed on the bases we could have possible taken the lead back to start the seventh inning with an Alexi double that possibly could have been a triple had Alonso not been on base to begin with. Once again the Padres load the bases, with one out, and now Kotsay is up. PLEASE UTILIZE IT THIS TIME!! Hey, we did something but not without some baseball drama. Deno hit it deep enough for a run to score but like I said, there was some baseball drama. The Pirates were trying to tell us that Alonso left the bag before the ball was caught but that drama started after Alexi was called safe on a very questionable call. Thankfully things went the Padres way because we are now winning 4-3 in the seventh.

Quentin drives in the fifth Padres run of the game and I still don't believe this game won't end before midnight. Alexi's got some mad hops and took away a base hit that I was 100% sure was going to be like a mile over his head. *slow clap* Good job, Alexi, good job. The Pirates tie the game on a two run jack to center and now it seriously will be midnight before I get around to doing what I need to do. The Padres had the chance to walk it off in the ninth but no, McCutchen is fucking beast and into extras we will go. We put in lizard man to pitch the tenth and I can only hope this game will end soon.  And into extras we will win!! Chase hits a two run walk off jack and now I can do what I need to do because ya know, my priorities are awesomely fucked. Thank you for ending this in amazing fashion, Chase. Okay, love you, buh bye.

Record: 55-70

No comments:

Post a Comment