Sunday, August 26, 2012

Seven In a Row AND a Sweep?! Me Likey

The Padres start the game off with a Yasmani RBI single as they look to extend their win streak to seven. Seven straight wins would be a season high, I believe. Alonso follows in Yasmani's shoes and drives in Quentin to make it a 2-0 Padres lead in the first. The D-Backs walk Kotsay to load the bases with two out in the first inning. I really hope we can do some major damage here but I don't have much trust in us when the bases are loaded, despite how well they have been playing lately. As expected, we didn't do anything with that opportunity. Ugh Volquez gives up a run in the bottom half of the first and one batter later gives up the tying run. Cue complaints...

While everyone is tweeting about the second earthquake of the day, the only one of which I felt today, the Padres took the lead back again with two outs. What's with us doing shit with two outs lately?! Fourth inning and we scored out fourth run of the game, again with two outs. And again we load the bases. Not even going to lie, but I'm good if this game stays 4-2 because I really want to take a nap right now and I can't properly write a post if I've fallen asleep and missed runs being scored. Ehh, fuck it, I don't write proper posts anyway.

As people are making me laugh hysterically about how immature some adults are, the Padres scored in the seventh to make it 5-2 Padres. I thought the D-Backs were supposed to be a decent team. Aww man, the D-backs pull themselves back into the game on a two run homer run in the eighth inning to make it 5-4 Padres. I really miss when we could leave the game up to the bullpen and not worry about giving up runs of any kind. Can we go back to that, new owners?? Please?? Luke made a fantastical play to record the second out of the ninth which just shows why pitchers need to end in a defensive position after the delivery. The Padres hold on to win 5-4 for the sweep and a season high seven game win streak.

Record: 59-70

No comments:

Post a Comment