Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dear Cubs, Payback's a Bitch. Love, The Cub Busters

The Padres are officially sold. Well, when it gets approved they're officially sold to the O'Malley's. My Grey's Anatomy loving ass thinks George O'Malley and not the O'Malley's that have ties to the Dodgers. That might just be better for my sanity.

Logan loads the bases on a bunt single in the third inning with no outs for the first real threat of the game. I love when bunts go for base hits. It's kind of miracle when that goes our way. What's even more of a miracle, when the Padres score when the bases are loaded and no outs. The Padres score two on a Chase single to make it 2-0. Logan moves to third and Chase remains at first with no outs and Quentin up. I see this going one of two ways, a double play or something epic... or you know, they hit Quentin because that is the guy the balls are drawn to. Welp, my thoughts didn't happen but Quentin did get walked to load the bases again. Guzman swung at the first pitch, which I kind of hate, and records our first out of the inning. I'm really hoping we get more than two runs off of two bases loaded appearances. Cam strikes out swinging and it's looking like those two runs are all we are going to get. Clearly Sunday's game used up all the home runs or maybe even runs in general since they won 2-0 yesterday and are doing the same right now. I feel like this might just be the only scoring done all game. I hate games like that. Shockingly, Everth singles in two more runs to make it 4-0 Padres. So maybe we didn't use all the runs up on Sunday but I still think this is going to be the only inning we score in. It just feels like one of those games.

Well Quentin did do something epic, just not when I originally called it. He gives the Padres a 7-0 lead on a three run homer in the fourth. Apparently sometime during the top of the fifth the Cubs scored a run but I think I was a little bit busy doing something else to notice. Oops. God dammit, the Cubs scored again and again I didn't see it. Whatevs, the Padres are still winning, 7-2. Gross, Boxberger gives up a two run pinch hit double to make it 7-4 Padres. I don't think I like this Boxberger kid. Also, I'm annoyed that this game is still going on and the women's event finals have already begun. I was really hoping the game would be over before so I wouldn't have to fast forward everything. Have I mentioned exactly how much I love that Luke gets into fielding position after the delivery?! It is AMAZING to watch. I absolutely adore when pitchers do that and get so frustrated when they don't. Jake Peavy was my favorite to watch because of that. Cam is a beast and went into Superman mode to make that nice diving catch that got Street PUMPED. You would have thought Cam's catch was the final out to make the Padres World Series champs with how Street reacted. Padres win 7-4 and the Cubbies can suck it.

Record: 48-64

No comments:

Post a Comment