Sunday, April 22, 2012

We Are Here to Play Now... I Hope

I don't know where these Padres have been hiding these past few weeks but I'm glad they decided to show up yesterday and again today. This is how I expect them to play, with the exceptions of the errors and walks of course. Hudson has tripled in two consecutive games which is very surprising. Go ahead and try to tell me he's not playing for his life right now. I am impressed that he can play like this but it is pretty annoying that it takes playing for his life for this kind of play to show up. Nick was halfway to the cycle, knocking out a triple and a HR. Unfortunately he didn't get enough at bats to accomplish this, once again leaving the cycle a unicorn for the Padres. Cam rocked the short pants, high socks look for the third game in a row... I smell a superstition. I don't know what his superstition with that is but I hope it didn't get ruined today.

The Padres win 6-1 to split the series with the Phillies causing me to remember what it feels like to win two in a row and damn does that feel good. Who would have figured that the Padres would not only split the series with the Phillies but have an abundance of triples in doing so?! Now lets continue to play like we did these past two games but can we please cut out the errors and walks, thanks.

Dear Nationals,
We have a win streak going on now, watch out!!
Sincerely, The Padres

Record: 5-12

No comments:

Post a Comment