Friday, April 13, 2012

Padres, Hodad's and Ball Handling Skills

Well tonight was my first game of the season and I started it the way I ended it last season, with Hodad's. Boss Man himself was there talking to everyone after they ate including us. He actually took my trash for me when I was done which weirded me out. Pretty sure I think of him more as a celeb than I do any of the Padres, no joke.


Tonight was also my first game against the D-backs ever. How it has taken this long for me to see a game against them is beyond me. I have seen every other NL West opponent like 500 times and have seen the Cubs and Cards a good amount of times as well. Anyway Brandon and myself decided because the Padres scored in the first inning for the first time this season that I was good luck, clearly we spoke to soon.


Don't mind my freakishly long looking thumb
The highlight of the night, besides Hodad's, was when I caught a ball from the Pad Squad. I don't even know how many games I've been to but I've never got anything from them until tonight. I don't even remember actually seeing the ball after it left the hand of whoever threw it, since I like my hats big, so for all intents and purposes it was a blind barehanded catch and I should clearly be paid for catches like that. Based off these texts, even my friend thinks so...

Me: "Look what I caught!! I should be on the field ha"
Eric: "I'd sign you on my team." 
Now I'm not entirely sure how I should take that given the history between the two of us but I'm choosing to stick with the "I have good enough ball handling skills that I should be on the team" thing. Enjoy that ball handling skills comment, creepers. Despite the loss, tonight was a good night. I got to eat God's gift to burger lovers, hang out with Brandon and watch my Padres from some pretty awesome seats, catch a ball from Pad Squad, almost died from a foul ball (seriously it landed a few rows back and I was convinced it was going to land on my head) and met up with some other friends, one of which I hadn't seen since high school. So yeah, I'm going with good night.

Record: 2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment