Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Luebke, Science, Gymnastics and Baseball...

The game had a weird start time for the middle game of a series and luckily I made it home in time for the first pitch. I may have thrown a bitch fit if I had to miss any of Luebke's start. Now that that little piece of information is out of the way, lets dive right into it.

Cory, Cory, Cory, walking four in the first inning, one of which walked in a run?! I do not approve of this. Next time please remember walking in runs is not acceptable. Love, me.

So we had our first instant replay incident of the year during the second inning.... because we need baseball to be any slower than it already is. You know I'm all for having Cory on my TV for as long as possible but they were too busy showing us where the ball hit the padding 5 million times instead of showing me Cory to which I found very annoying. We saw it the first 5 times you showed it before they decided to go to instant replay, you don't need to continue showing it. Anyway, Cory made up for that first inning by making two awesome catches in the top of the third. Ninety-nine percent of the time when I see a ball coming at my pitcher in anyway I am terrified  for them, think Pujols drilling Chris Young in the face, so when my guys make a play to save their ass, literally and or figuratively, I am beyond thrilled. I remember watching an episode of Sport Science where they calculated the speed of the ball coming off the bat if it is thrown at 95mph. The result, 120mph. Those might not be the exact numbers since it has been awhile since I've seen that episode but you get the idea and now you see why I get so scared for them. For those people who say baseball is so easy and all that shit, how would you like it if a ball was heading at your body at 120mph and you maybe had a split second to react?! Even though I do love to see a good injury, a ball coming back at you is frightening and those injuries aren't usually as epic as say Stephen Drew's broken ankle or Buster Posey's broken leg. God forbid I ever date a pitcher, I will be stressed out every time someone makes contact and IF they did get drilled I would likely feel the need to hop over the walls and anything else in my way in order to get to the field to make sure they are okay. To get back to Cory, with this being his second start I can't believe I failed to mention this the last time, I HATE that he bats right!! I absolutely hate it. Do you not understand that you are exposing your pitching arm and if you get hit you could potentially be royally fucked?! Whoever first allowed you to do this needs to be punched in the face. It should have been apparent which arm was your throwing arm and they should have taught you how to bat from the left like a normal lefty pitcher. I do understand that some people may do everything except for one thing with a certain side because I for one, am one of those people. Everything I did in gymnastics I would do as a righty. Cartwheels, front walkovers, leaps, aerials, etc. except for back walkovers, I always did those as a lefty. Even now most of the things I do, I do as a righty with the exceptions of fulls, I twist to the left, and now leaps which is just weird BUT doing those things from my non dominant side wouldn't potentially fuck my career... assuming I had an actual gymnastics career. Now back to things that actually have to do with baseball and more specifically this game... After a walk to Cam in the eighth, Deno came through with a HR to give the Padres their first lead of the game which couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Deno's homer allowed us to finally get to see Street in a save situation to which he did not disappoint and the Padres went on to win 2-1 to spoil the D-Backs perfect record.


Record: 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment