Saturday, April 7, 2012

Clearly God's Got Jokes As the Padres Lose In Extras

I don't know why or how I'm going to write this post since I opted to watch the Reds game to see Latos' debut and barely paid any attention to tonight's game when I did switch it over but here goes nothing...

We lost. The end.




Fine, I will go look up the box score and play by play so I can elaborate...

Gordon is quickly becoming a nuisance and I don't know how much more annoying he can get and I would prefer not to find out. We kept Ethier and Kemp fairly quiet so I guess that should count for a moral victory since those seem to be the only kind of victories we can get right now. The Dodgers scored early again and we sucked at life again. That is, until the fifth inning. Some sort of miracle happened and the Padres were able to tie the game at 5-5. An even bigger miracle during that inning, all of the runs were scored with two outs and as if the miracle couldn't get any bigger than that, Hudson tied the game... then promptly cost us more runs. Okay, so technically it was Hundley that made the final out but O-Dog ended up in a rundown so Hundley tried to score which then got him caught in a rundown to end the inning. Also three of those runs came virtue of the Dodgers walking them in, to which I sat back and laughed. The game remained tied until the eleventh inning where that bastard Gordon drove in what turned out to be the winning run. As the Padres lose in extras it has become clear that God's got jokes. How else would you explain the fifth inning?? Oh yeah, Alonso apparently got his first hit. Of course he did it when I wasn't watching so ya know, it doesn't count.

Record: 0-3

No comments:

Post a Comment