Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Awkward Dive, a Phantom Balk and an Ejection

I feel like the way I have been titling some of these post that I'm writing the titles for episodes of Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. So yeah, Clayton had a no hitter going through five and then the Nats got a hit and Deno made the most awkward dive on a one hop ball. Why he dove after the ball dropped, I have no idea but it was ugly and I wish he didn't do that. In the sixth the home plate ump called a balk on Clayton... seriously?! You don't know by now that that is his pick off move and not a balk?? The phantom balk call led to an ejected Bud Black... awesome, finally something exciting happened in this game. For once I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that. I am legitimately annoyed that this game was so boring considering how worked up I was earlier when I was trying my hardest to get the rest of the Reds game during class... I never got it to work and that is totally contributing to my annoyed state right now. Anyway, Cam is once again wearing his uni the proper way which proves to me that my theory was right and that he does indeed have a superstition going on. Clayton got pulled after 6 1/3 and allowing two runs to come in and score leaving it up to Luke to get out of the inning and strand the runner on first. Also Clayton needs to get a new hat because all that salt around it is beginning to disgust me. Parrino came in to pinch-hit for Bartlett and my heart jumped for joy, then jumped again when his bloop single and Werth's inability to pick up the ball led to Cam coming around to score and once more when Parrino stole second. Have I mentioned how much I love Parrino?? Exciting moment of the game number two, Chase nearly taking Burnett's head off. I would have been scared for the guy but I was too busy yelling "OH SHIT!!" when the ball didn't take his head off. Venable had a "Not Top Ten" moment losing the ball in the lights which lead to a triple that eventually came around to score to give the Nats a 3-1 lead in the top of the ninth and that is how the game and our win streak ends. It also proves my theory about an off day coming in the midst of a win streak. Now on to the next day.

Record: 5-13

No comments:

Post a Comment