Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Padres Lose but I Got to Play in a Spongebob Jumper So It's Okay

Clearly my decision, and by decision I mean having no choice, to go play in a jumper at my nephews birthday party instead of watching the game live was a smart one. Okay, I had a choice to play in the jumper. I did not however have a choice on going to the party. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and all but can you not schedule things when there is baseball on?? Thanks. But like I said, it looks like going to the party was the smart decision as I am watching the game off the DVR right now and Clayton already screwed up his pick off attempt and Venable well yeah... Not to mention Clayton and his whole lets give up a HR to Pablo thing, giving the Giants an early 2-0 lead. Let me just say, I have seen enough HR's given up by my pitchers today and I don't want to see anymore for the rest of the season. I know that's asking for a lot but what can I say, I expect the best #SpoiledBratProblems. That final out in the bottom of the third was smart on both Parrino and Clayton's part. After the ball caromed off Guzman I thought "awesome, there's an extra out for the Giants" but Parrino did something that I honestly don't think Hudson would have done, played the carom and made the throw to Clayton who thought enough to cover first. I didn't expect Clayton to be covering first especially since I didn't expect Parrino to play the carom, well done boys, well done. Deno cut the lead in half during the fifth with an RBI double to score Bartlett. Clayton is clearly not having it today as he gave up a 2 run triple in the bottom of the sixth and I'm not entirely sure I believe Venable's attempt to catch it and save a run. Then again I'm half heartedly paying attention to this game. I guess that's what happens when you have been feeling like crap for the past couple days and spent some time playing in a little kids jumper earlier in the day. Lesson not learned. Unless I feel like I'm about to have an exorcist moment, you can bet your ass that I will eventually end up in a jumper. With the Giants leading 4-1 in the eighth the Padres bring in Thayer and dear God, his facial hair is traumatizing me. I may need to do a covert operation to shave him which is probably a bad idea because I might accidentally go all Sweeney Todd on him given I've never tried to shave a man before. Enough with the movie references, the game is over and the Padres lose 4-1 meaning we get to wait just a little longer before we get to win a series this season...

Record: 7-16

No comments:

Post a Comment