Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baseball Season, Where You Regret Signing Up For Classes After 10 A.M.

Okay, so I realize this probably only applies for people on the West Coast but this is a huge problem for me which is exactly why I'm writing this. Tonight is the first Tuesday night game of the season and until May 24th I will be forced to miss at least an inning or two of my Padres every Tuesday and Thursday night, assuming the game is being played in the pacific standard time zone. This is probably where you wonder what 10 a.m. has to do with night classes. The answer is nothing BUT it has everything to do with day games falling on Mondays and Wednesdays for me. Again, if they're in the right time zone I should be able to make it home in time for the first pitch assuming there's no traffic, I speed the entire way home and get only green lights... but if they play away games in any other time zone I'm pretty much screwed unless I can find a live stream to watch the games in class. Between night home games and away day games, with my schedule, I have to refrain from signing into Facebook or Twitter until I get home and can catch up on the DVR.


As if having to catch up on the game isn't bad enough I am forced to try and concentrate for hours at a time about a subject I could care less about while I know I'm missing one of my favorite things ever. I think either MLB or the school system, maybe both, need to coordinate better with me so that I can be the best fan and student I can be. You think I'm joking, I'm not. It is extremely unfair to think that I will be capable of being the best if, I have to split my mind to accommodate both my love for baseball and my responsibility as a student. In theory I should be able to do this easily but in reality I'm still at that stage where I hate my classes and school can suck it. Now I must mentally prepare myself to try and pay attention during Physics tonight as well as try to forget that I'm missing my boys. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment