Friday, April 6, 2012

This Is Going to Be a Long Season Isn't It??

I was originally super excited for the game cause Luebke was the starter, that feeling quickly diminished. Now, I want to rape Cory as much as the next girl does but he was not having it tonight which means I was not having it tonight. Both of those had me feeling the need to try something different by "live blogging" the game. I don't think I'm going to do a post like this ever again because I find it quite annoying. So lets just get to it and get it over with.

Top of the first: Cory looked great against the first batter, gave up a single to the next then about gave me a heart attack when Kemp crushed the ball to right field again tonight. Thank God for the marine layer or else that ball may have been a 2 run HR. Rivera singles, Ethier causes trouble as usual and the game is 2-0 Dodgers...
Bottom of the first: Padres down in order. Fabulous.

Top of the second: Dodgers down in order. Now that's the Cory I expect to see.
Bottom of the second: Guzman doubles to center and makes Kemp look silly, I approve. Alonso gets out and once again causes me to question the trade. Side note, have I mentioned how much I hate that FSSD has given Mark Grant a telestrator?? It's annoying. It's like buying a kid a toy that makes noise and within two seconds of giving it to the kid you already want to take the batteries out and throw it across the room. Anyway, Hundley walks. Awesome, we've got something going here!! Two on, one out, Hudson at the plate... Hudson hits into a double play. Why do we still have him?? And when are we giving Parrino a chance to start??

Top of the third: Gordon grounds out. Ellis gets lucky and ends up with a double since the ballgirl didn't grab the stool when she got out of the way and Hudson had trouble getting the ball out. Kemp singles, Ellis to third. Alonso with an error and the run comes around to score. Cory fails at a pick off attempt, Kemp to third on the error. Rivera up to bat, Bartlett fails at life at SS and Kemp comes in to score. Cory strikes out Ethier and JHJ, well there's something positive. Dodgers up 4-0.
Bottom of the third: Padres down in order... again.

Top of the fourth: Venable with a nice catch to deny Uribe to start what is a one, two, three inning.
Bottom of the fourth: Venable with a double to start the Padres half of the inning. Chase strikes out, go figure. Guzman grounds out and now it's up to Alonso to bring in Will... and he grounds out.

Top of the Fifth: Gordon singles and I'm beginning to hate this kid. Something has gotten into Hundley and Gordon is caught stealing. Ellis flies out to Cam. Kemp keeps doing what he does, it's annoying. Kemp steals second to annoy me even more. Rivera walks and Ethier with a triple. Dodgers now up 6-0 and I'm yelling "MOTHERFUCKER" at my television. Peace Cory, way to show us why we gave you that extension. Owings replaces Cory and walks JHJ then gets Uribe to pop out to second.
Bottom of the fifth: Padres down in order yet again and I'm beginning to question why I love this team as much as I do. It's like an abusive relationship. You give them all you've got and they continuously hurt you yet you return night after night giving them every ounce of love you have.

Top of the sixth: Dodgers down in order for the third time in the game. Does this mean we are going to stop the bleeding?!
Bottom of the sixth: Padres down in order again and have clearly left their ability to hit back in Peoria. Maybe someone should go back and get it for them.

Top of the seventh: Bartlett with a nice throw to get the first out. Kemp sends a comebacker to Owings, two outs. Holy shit, Hudson actually made a decent play to get the final out.
Bottom of the seventh: Headley strikes out again and I am officially numb to his at bats, not sure what took so long for that to happen though. Guzman grounds out to third. Alonso once again disappoints me.

Top of the Eighth: Owings' still in and just struck out Ethier. It looks like he has stopped the bleeding. Okay, I spoke too soon. Thatcher's warming up, preparing to rip the bandage off any minute now... JHJ singles. Uribe grounds into DP.
Bottom of the eighth: Hundley just short of the warning track for out number one. Hudson = out. Bartlett = out and the Padres are down in order for the millionth time this game. Nick and Jason teased us and now we have blue balls, thanks.

Top of the ninth: Cashner replaces Owings and walks the first batter. Billingsley sacrifices. Gordon strikes out. Ellis grounds to Chase, Chase makes a shitty throw and Alonso has to dig it out to get the out. I'd be impressed with Alonso but I could have made that play and I have in softball. Yes, I know softball and baseball are not the same but shoosh!! Let me have this. Cashner's talent makes me okay with the Rizzo trade, though I do miss those splits.
Bottom of the ninth: Billingsley going for the complete game shutout. Hermida grounds out to help Billingsley's cause. Cam with a single. Fingers and toes crossed to break up this shutout. Billingsley replaced by Wright. As much as I wanted him out of the game they might as well have left him in. Venable grounds into a fielders choice, Cam out at second. Now it's up to Chase to keep the game going and he disappoints yet again and the Padres lose, fan-fucking-tabulous.

Now here is what I have to say to Cory and the Padres:
Dear Cory,
Please get your shit together, we didn't extend you for nothing. Stop big leaguing it and play like you are still trying to earn that extension.
Sincerely, Me

If you don't get what I mean by "big leaguing it" I don't really know how to explain it to you besides the fact that to me, an extension after not even having two years of big league experience, has caused Cory to think very highly of himself like he is the Golden Boy of the team. I have to say that I have never met Cory and have no idea if that's what he's thinking but like I said, to me that's the vibe I'm getting. Now to the Padres...

Dear Padres,
Send someone back to Peoria to collect the talent that got left behind. Thanks. Also, can somebody please remind me why we traded Latos??
Sincerely, Me

So we lost another game to the dreaded Dodgers and we are already getting the feeling that this is going to be a long season but the good thing about baseball, we don't have to wait a week for our next chance to step up and collect a W.

Record: 0-2

2 comments:

  1. I freaking LOVE your work! It has the type of tone I wish I could have in mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!! I'm not even sure what tone I have but if I had to guess I would say bluntness with a hint of sarcasm lol

      Delete