Sunday, April 22, 2012

Roy Halladay Who??

Suite Life
Cory got the job done tonight with eight scoreless innings of two hit baseball and all because I was there... creeping on him... from a suite, obviously. Sure a suite isn't the ideal place to creep from BUT who in their right mind turns down a suite?! Also I have come to the conclusion that he was performing so well tonight because I was being THAT girl and kept making that stupid heart with my hands when I would get really excited and say either "I love Cory" or "aww Cory". So according to superstition I have to do that from now on when he pitches. I really wish I didn't have to continue to be that girl but I will gladly take one for the team if it means Cory has more amazing outings. From the looks of tonight's game I think it is safe to say that I am still Cory's good luck charm. Every season there is one pitcher that whenever I'm at their games, they seem to win and it's looking like my luck for Cory has continued into this season. 

All in all tonight was a fantastic night and I don't know what was more surprising, finding out our seats got upgraded, seeing Hudson AND Bartlett get hits with runners on and two outs or beating Roy Halladay. I got a text from a friend, who is a Padres fan, saying that he was excited to see Halladay fuck up the Padres... or something along those lines. That annoyed me. Even later in the game when my brother called me he said that the Padres weren't going to win, clearly he thought Halladay was going to be the victor in this one. Which brings me to the title of this post, Roy Halladay who?? You deserve to be questioned like that when you lose to the worst team in baseball. Okay, the second worst team in baseball... I gave the Royals too much credit, sorry about that. 

Padres win 5-1
Now back to the Padres aspect of this. Obviously Hudson knows that he needs to step his shit up or he will be out of here. That is the only explanation for how he has been playing these past few days. Seriously could you think of any other reason for him to suddenly step up and make nice defensive plays and actually get some hits?! Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm also super suspicious about him all of a sudden being interviewed after the games now. I'm fairly confident he is doing that to try and prove that these rumors about him being the first to leave the clubhouse aren't true but when you think of it someone has to be the first to leave, right?? Either way I would have loved to be that Leila chick tonight when she interviewed him just so I could ask him what it feels like to basically be playing for his life. I also would have loved to be her when she interviewed Cory. I guarantee you if I were the one interviewing him two things would happen. For one, it wouldn't have been allowed to be televised and for two, I would have lost my job on the spot because I'm pretty sure raping him on camera would be frowned upon in any industry, well almost any industry...

Record: 4-12


PS. Thanks Brandon for taking me to the game and thanks to your season ticket rep for hooking us up with the suite, it was amazeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment