Friday, April 20, 2012

Can We Stop Losing Please??

Well the Padres were getting hits tonight but none of them were coming around to score. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather you not get my hopes up by getting all these hits, just make the outs already. Through four innings we had seven left on base and then Cam got a leadoff triple to start the fifth. Not going to lie, I was worried that we were going to do exactly like we did last night and waste it. We didn't and according to my theory this means we should be able to win the game but we won't because Volquez loaded the bases with no out. Just when I thought I might be able to give him a chance too. And just like that Cashner came in and gives up two hits to give the Phillies a 3-1 lead. I'm not sure what's worse, that Volquez loaded the bases with no outs or that when we doubled switched to bring Cashner in we took Parrino out and put Bartlett in. Padres doubled switched again later in the game bringing in Thatcher and replacing Cam with Venable. These double switches tonight are baffling. Lets take out the better guy for a guy not nearly as good, yeah that makes sense. Obviously those double switches worked cause we weren't winning or anything before they happened...


For all the bitching I have done the last couple games about umpires, I LOVED tonight's home plate ump. He called out Victorino for not trying to get out of the way of the pitch, unfortunately that lead to him hitting a HR but still, how many umpires do you see make calls that they SHOULD be making like that?! Plus calling, I think, Pierre out earlier in the game for having his foot out of the box when he bunted, can we clone this ump?? Please?? I would have loved to see what he would have done about that "triple play". Padres lose 4-1 but hey, at least we scored this time. Maybe tomorrow we can score more than one run and ya know, maybe get a W.


Record: 3-12

No comments:

Post a Comment