Saturday, June 30, 2012

Grandal and Armarista Remind the Team That They Are Indeed In Colorado

Lets get this out of the way, I don't care what the Padres do tonight because Latos just made me even more bitter about the trade. I want him back, NOW and by now you know I mean last December. In other "I'm bitter about the trade" news, Grandal got called up last night again as Nick was sent down to work shit out. Like I've said before, I think Grandal is the only guy from that trade that I don't dislike so I'm excited that he gets the start today. However, Volquez and Alonso are starting also.

The Padres had something starting early when Logan singled and made it to third on an error unfortunately the Padres still haven't figured out that they are playing in Colorado. Also unfortunately for me Fox hates me because my picture looks like this on the "normal" setting as well as the "wide" and "panoramic" settings.  Apparently everyone and their mom has a normal looking picture, except for me. Asshole. Fun fact: the Padre have used THIRTEEN starting pitchers this season. This is beyond unacceptable almost as unacceptable as grown men playing Call Me Maybe in the clubhouse or Coor's Field playing Spice Girls.


Grandal just got his first career hit in the top of the fourth, a home run at that, to put the Padres up 1-0. I love that he came back into the dugout and was high fiving the air while the rest of the team acted like it was nothing. That always makes me smile when guys goof around like that. The Padres lead didn't last long as Volquez gave up a solo home run on the first pitch of the inning. Good job, bro. I want to know why the ball went to Cam's left but he reached to his right... that was just weird. Grandal airmailed the ball to first to bring another run around for the Rockies. The only good part of that whole play, Chase getting the runner out at third. Volquez drills the next batter and is making sure that I continue to be bitter about that trade.

I hate that Fox is being weird and that I don't know what inning I'm in since I'm barely paying attention but Quentin just got drilled and Grandal just hit his second home run of the night/career to make it 3-2 Padres. The next inning Alexi starts off the inning with a home run of his own to make it 4-2 Padres. Looks like they finally remembered they are playing in Colorado. Yasmani has a chance with two on, no outs to do some more damage but the only damage he did was hit into a double play. It's alright, you have done more in two at bats than the majority of the team has done all season. Cam finally comes through with a  single to score Chase from third. Yep, they figured out they are in Colorado for sure. Alexi jacks a three run shot to make it 8-2. The Rockies scored a couple runs to make the game and 8-4 final but I don't really care about that, on to tomorrow!!

Record: 29-50

No comments:

Post a Comment